• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Software Design - Show of hands... (1 Viewer)

tmhai

HSC
Hey,

I selected Software Design as one of my Prelim subjects, Im interested to know who else is doing this subject.

Also, im doing it via distance education (which sucks), im finding the course easy... thoughts?

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
haha funny to say, but my two friends from my school are coming first and second for SDD prelim out of like 100 students (from different schools as well) in their area.

live.fast

HSC
N/A
software is maaaad, its a fun subject. especially if ya noe how to program. But how do you get to do it via distance education? What school do you go to for that?

tmhai

HSC
I go to Edmund Rice College Wollongong, there wernt enough people to do the course, so the only other option was via Distance Education. I do it through Karabar Distance Education, Quenbean.

Well, what they do is they send you the work, you complete it, send it to them, they mark it, and then send it back.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Software in Year 12 is one of those subjects that if you dont have a good teacher who can help you when you get stuck, as in you ask for advice on how to go around programming something, then you rely solely on learning everything on your own using the resources that you can find in books, online etc. a very independant subject and seeing that your doing it via correspondence it may get a little harder later on. but i'm sure you'll be fine if your finding it easy and enjoying it now.

don't forget the BoS forums are always here to supplement what your teacher may teach you. and will always be there to help, esp if your teacher's not ;)

good luck :)

HSC
i dunno if my cents is valid in this, but i started the year doing SDD totalling up my untis this year to 14. i only picked it up beacuse i knew i had a good chance at getting good marks at it because i finished IPT last year, and theres alot of stuff thats similar. but in the end, i dropped it. yeah it was probably gonna be my best mark in my hsc but the workload was adding up and i wanted some frees so i wasnt killing too much sleep

so my two cents is that if its really gonna help you alot in the future and you're killing the rest of your class, then keep it. otherwise consider dropping it

hopefully that all makes sense..laters..

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
I do it, I think it's a great subject and I have an awesome teacher.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
All I know about SDD is that my friends (who do it) have this teacher called Mr.Oak or something like that, and that he has no idea....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)