software engineering (1 Viewer)

ScArSnIk

Super 1337 Adm!n
HSC
haha i dunno..=D
i know somebody doing engineering and science double degree
but i dunno if its with soft eng ...
so does that help?? just call up the uni or something or go in and speak to someone there

T

tactic

i think its possible because the first year of engineering is meant to be the same for most/all types of engineering

T

tactic

i just checked for you and yes you can

http://www.uts.edu.au/div/publications/eng/ug/eng-science.html

Engineering component

Students undertake the engineering degree in any of the majors on offer, provided the UAI requirement for the selected major is met (presently Civil, Civil and Environmental, Computer Systems, Construction, Electrical, Mechanical, Mechanical and Mechatronic, Software or Telecommunications).

Science component

Students are required to complete 96 credit points of science subjects of which at least 72 credit points focus on a major area of study in science, medical science or biotechnology.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
also someone from uts was telling me that there was this thing like "one years practice" where u actually work thru uts for 1 year... would that b possible if i combine my degrees?

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
you probaly could if the diploma of professional practise or whatever it is called for the enigeering department is avialable.

BraZen

Originally posted by freaking_out
also someone from uts was telling me that there was this thing like "one years practice" where u actually work thru uts for 1 year... would that b possible if i combine my degrees?

Yeah you can, but its another year of your life

C10074 Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Science, Diploma in Engineering Practice

BraZen

Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Science -- > 5 years
Diploma in Engineering Practice --> 1 year

1 + 5 = 6

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by BraZen
Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Science -- > 5 years
Diploma in Engineering Practice --> 1 year

1 + 5 = 6
:eek:

btw, whats the advantage of the diploma again?...like can i still get a job if i have the double degreE?

ScArSnIk

Super 1337 Adm!n
HSC
the advantage of the dip is that u get experience. which in theory shud increase ur chance to get a job when u finish uni.
and seriously u ask alot and as u have seen. if u just did a bit of reading and searching u cud have gotten the answers yourself.

-X-

HSC
N/A

Science component

Students are required to complete 96 credit points of science subjects of which at least 72 credit points focus on a major area of study in science, medical science or biotechnology.

Science majors may be taken in the following areas:

* Applied Chemistry
* Applied Physics
* Biomedical Science
* Environmental Biology
* Nanotechnology.
Does that mean we can chose say "applied physics" ONLY? Or do we have to mix with some other subjects?

edit: ie some engineering course + applied physics (only physics and no other science subjects).

Last edited:

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
hey this mite b a bit off the topic, but what are the chances of getting a job if u've just finished a software engineering degree at UTS?also the average starting salary in this position?

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
Say you wanna do nano with software, how do you choose them UAC-wise, do you choose them when you get accepted, or do you have to do anything to the preference?

And the majors.. how do you get to choose them?

edit: and credit points.. WTF are they?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)