solubility rules (1 Viewer)

kewon

HSC
Hi
I was told we need to learn solubility rules. Im not sure why though... can anyone tell me??

thanks

mahmoudali

HSC
can someone post a way to remember them i cant seem to make them stick into my head

fishrushed

HSC
I managed to memorise most the solubility rules by memorising (and rote learning) the processes and steps in cation and anion testing (oddly enough). I did quite a lot of questions (HSC and trial ones) just to memorise it decently.

But if you want to memorise it the other way, being starting with solubility rules and then onto the anion and cation testing, I like using this:
Solubility rules
Gives a good overview of most ions in the syllabus. However, it is kinda hard determining the cations from that as you really only have the anions explicitly laid out.
Hope it helps :D

madharris

HSC
N/A
I put it in a table then memorised the table

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I just memorised all the insoluble compounds - barium sulfate, silver chloride, lead chloride etc.

babberz

HSC
its quite abit to remember and its rarely ever needed in the HSC so gay

MilkDrinker

HSC
Check out the solubility song on youtube. Lots of versions, based around the tune "99 bottles of beer on the wall..."
Good luck,
Cya

99 plus

HSC
I just memorized all the insoluble compounds - barium sulfate, silver chloride, lead chloride etc.
+1 this is how i do it, but it is more helpful to also visualize the diagram in Conquering Chem or in the Student's guide to HSC chem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)