some advice needed (1 Viewer)

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
I've been having some family troubles recently and am quite distracted. Would it affect my HSC if i took it easy for a couple of weeks or should i be studying everyday?

would really like advice on this matter. tnx.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
You don't have to study every day, especially not during the holidays. Try to keep on top of your work as much as you can and ensure you're not falling behind. If you're comfortable with giving up a few days to settle the problems at home, then that's great.

HSC
Uni Grad
I've been having some family troubles recently and am quite distracted. Would it affect my HSC if i took it easy for a couple of weeks or should i be studying everyday?

well as of now it wouldn't really affect you as long as its not severe like a divorce or a murder...

oh and on the matter, have you asked your family to settle down as these sorts iof ssues can negatively affect your HSC?

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
it is a divorce. my mum has been really upset and i cant tell her to keep it to herself because she needs someone to talk to, im hoping she'll be over it by the end of the holidays

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I suggest you spread out your breaks - that way you will still be learning and won't be so far behind when you can start studying 100% again.

It won't affect your HSC that much if you can catch up asap and you're break doesn't go for too long.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
sorry to hear about it man.

being the holidays.. it doesn't really matter. Hell you could skip the next month and a half and not touch a pen. From memory i studied sparingly the two weeks before school started again

g'luck with everything.. and although this might sound a little selfish.. but you might be able to apply for bonus marks as this clearly will affect ur hsc lol

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
sorry to hear about it man.

being the holidays.. it doesn't really matter. Hell you could skip the next month and a half and not touch a pen. From memory i studied sparingly the two weeks before school started again

g'luck with everything.. and although this might sound a little selfish.. but you might be able to apply for bonus marks as this clearly will affect ur hsc lol
I can't even remember if I did at all. I'm sure I did some, but it wasn't all that frequent or substantial.

OP: Clearly it must be okay if you can get ATARs well into the 90s like many of the other BoSers who did nothing for a while in the Christmas break. I wish you luck and I hope everything sorts itself out.

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
tnx for the advice. Ill probably take a break over christmas and start up in january

HSC
Uni Grad
:( damn this is really not the time for such a thing to happen esp when you're in year 12
but sorry to hear about that...

for now, maybe just take the break then you'll have less chance of burning out during the holidays...

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
ahh, don't worry, you'll get over it eventually. pm me if you need more help. PS: I hardly ever study in the holidays and still end up getting high marks in my subjects.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah I remember clearly that my friends and I all sort of decided to party/relax/not do schoolwork until January 1, then we would buckle down. You've still got a month, which is plenty of time.

I don't even think we 'buckled down' in the true sense of the word... But that's when we started actually working. If I were you I'd definitely take a break, particularly over Christmas because I'm assuming that will be a tough time for you and your family. If you do want to do work though, maybe just make sure that the break doesn't go on for too long. Maybe if you write the date down in your diary or something it will help.

Hope everything goes well for you, all the best.

Alkanes

HSC
yea just needa chill enjoy ur christmas and new year, take a breather.. then back to study mode in january until school

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a rough time. By all means, take a long, refreshing break and try your best to set things right. During my HSC, there were times when I just got home, cleared my desk with one hand and watched TV all night. As long as you're focused, nothing should stop you!

Good luck!

kaitmaree77

HSC
N/A
Sorry to hear you're going through that. As the others have said, there's nothing wrong with giving yourself a break. You seem determined, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

wrecking

derp.
HSC
just take some rest these holidays. i know how hard it is at times when these things happen during HSC. my grandmother same time around last year became really ill and was in intensive care for a week. then she eventually passed away when i got back to school. i don't think i did any work at all during my break. except for an assignment that was due the day i came back (that, i didn't start till the last minute). anyway, enjoy these breaks as much as you can because it may as well be your last and just relax, so when you go back to school you'll feel more refreshed & ready to tackle the HSC. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)