Some are born gay, some achieve gayness, and some have gayness thrust upon them (1 Viewer)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
ive got nuffin against the fruits and they should be free to do what ever they like ... its their human right!

But, we gotta accept that although it sounds terrible and has negative connatations, "Homosexuality is a Disease." Just like Mental illness or other related phycological defects, and i have absolute faith that its a matter or time before science does conclude that there is a so called "Gay Gene"...
If there is a gay gene (or genes), which is likely, then homosexuality will be no more of a disease than having red hair is a disease.

Homosexuality is not a disease, mental or otherwise.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
I think it makes sense. Psychological disorders are usually characterised as deviations from a standard behaviour. Homosexuals are a definant minority, in the same way that pedophiles are a definant minority.

EDIT: And in any case, they do present a significant threat to the survival of our species. The sexual intercourse between a man and another man, or a woman and another woman (niiiiiice), takes away many, many more offspring than a mass murderer such as Martin Bryant ever could. They ought to be prosecuted accordingly.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Homosexuals and pedo's are two completely different things.

They can not be linked in any way what so ever.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Disease- A disease or medical condition is an abnormal condition of an organism that impairs bodily functions, associated with specific symptoms and signs. It may be caused by external factors, such as invading organisms, or it may be caused by internal dysfunctions, such as autoimmune diseases.

Homosexuality- a sexual attraction to (or sexual relations with) persons of the same sex.

Where the hell is disease mentioned in defining homosexuality.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
It's an abnormal condition of an organism that impairs bodily functions. DERP.
Homosexuality = abnormal (certainly so)
Impairs bodily functions = inability to find the CORRECT gender attractive (Eg: can't get an erection upon the viewing of supple breasts)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I think it makes sense. Psychological disorders are usually characterised as deviations from a standard behaviour. Homosexuals are a definant minority, in the same way that pedophiles are a definant minority.

EDIT: And in any case, they do present a significant threat to the survival of our species. The sexual intercourse between a man and another man, or a woman and another woman (niiiiiice), takes away many, many more offspring than a mass murderer such as Martin Bryant ever could. They ought to be prosecuted accordingly.
Quite ignoring your blatant trolling, your preposition is that heterosexuality is "standard" behaviour, which implies that homosexuality is a deviation from it. That may be true in a purely colloquial stance, but it's certainly not true in many other animal species.

I would no more call pedophilia a mental illness than I would call homosexuality a mental illness, and I argue that pedophilia can in no way be linked to homosexuality given that, like beastiality etc, pedophilia is a sexual deviancy in the negative term, and does not necessarily involve mutations that change brain chemistry or, in the case of homosexuals, significant changes in brain anatomy.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Impairs bodily functions = inability to find the CORRECT gender attractive (Eg: can't get an erection upon the viewing of supple breasts)
Homosexuality doesn't impair bodily function. An erection is an erection, in the case of males, regardless of what prompted it.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Its only abnormal because you disapprove of it.

You would call Religion a disease under the same logic.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
You stupid bitch I said it impairs the bodily function of finding the opposite sex attractive.

Read what I say and don't create strawmen arguments, moron.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
Its only abnormal because you disapprove of it.

You would call Religion a disease under the same logic.
Nah because most people are religious. I mean, you do have an alternative point of view of what a mental disease is, don't you? DON'T YOU?

SCHIZOPHRENIA IS NOT A DISEASE OR A DISORDER* ITS JUST ANOTHER WAY OF LIFE

*prolly should have used that term earlier but it doesn't really matter because my argument remains cogent

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
You stupid bitch I said it impairs the bodily function of finding the opposite sex attractive.

Read what I say and don't create strawmen arguments, moron.
Finding the opposite sex attractive is not a bodily function.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Nah because most people are religious. I mean, you do have an alternative point of view of what a mental disease is, don't you? DON'T YOU?

SCHIZOPHRENIA IS NOT A DISEASE OR A DISORDER* ITS JUST ANOTHER WAY OF LIFE

*prolly should have used that term earlier but it doesn't really matter because my argument remains cogent
:spzz:

Fuck i cant tell if you were being serious or trolling, because that is the biggest load of fucked up information i have ever seen.

And no, i dont have a alternative point of view of mental disease.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
:spzz:

Fuck i cant tell if you were being serious or trolling, because that is the biggest load of fucked up information i have ever seen.

And no, i dont have a alternative point of view of mental disease.
So you agree with my diagnosis of what a mental disease is
You agree with homosexuality being a minority thing, characterised by the very features that make up a mental disease
And you don't have an alternative viewpoint

Ok forgive me, but I'm a bit confused as to what your objection is. Seems to me that you're being a bit of an ignorant fool here. Putting yr fingers in yr ear and yelling about beleiving in God.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
You agree with homosexuality being a minority thing, characterised by the very features that make up a mental disease

Ok forgive me, but I'm a bit confused as to what your objection is. Seems to me that you're being a bit of an ignorant fool here. Putting yr fingers in yr ear and yelling about beleiving in God.
Wait what?

I dont have a alternative view to Mental disease and Homosexuality because Mental disease is a DISEASE and Homosexuality is just a natural occurrence.

I never touched upon homosexuality being a minority, and i wouldnt give two shits.

And i never agreed upon you linking Homosexuality to mental disease, if anything i've pretty much disagreed with everything you have said.

And i dont believe in god, hence why i do biology and not religious studies.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC

Except it isn't characterised by features that make up a mental disease. In your head, maybe, but not those of people who actually know and decide what a mental disease is.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
I dont have a alternative view to Mental disease and Homosexuality because Mental disease is a DISEASE and Homosexuality is just a natural occurrence.
Alright. Why do you not regard bipolar as a natural occurance? Why is pedophilia not just a natural occurance?

Don't get all morally outraged, guy. We're motorcycle buddies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)