some enrolment questions from a lost little boy (1 Viewer)

Abtari

HSC
i have accepted my offer (cos the deadline is like 10 Feb) but I haven't been able to access the part II section, i.e. enrolment.

i need to know a couple of things:

- where to get a student ID number? is that the same as the unipass thing? i.e. the one that starts with z and has digits after it?

- it says we don't need to go to campus to enrol, just can do online.. do we get a confirmation of enrolment after this? also, wot OTHER things are we supposed to get after enrolling, cos Im not sure, and I want to be able to expect things... (so i can yell at the uni, if i don't receive something)

- how do we get our student id card??

- when do we get to choose our courses, core and elective? e.g. for civil engineering, are the courses fixed, or do we have to choose? can we get advice online to help us choose or do we have to contact unsw itself?

- does enrolment mean automatically for session 1 and 2 in 2006 or do we have to do both individually? some explanation here would be great!

- when do we get our timetable?

thanks again. appreciate it.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/commencing/Accept.html

That tells you the answer to where to get your student number (yes it is zXXXXXXX). Once you enrol in the course, the uni will mail you out stuff from that school with welcome info (mostly junk).

You get your student card from espot, the security centre on campus.

Browse the handbook for your course and find the program structure. You then enrol using the enrolment basket in myUNSW, and select your courses (using the handbook as a guide).

Enrolment means you enrol in classes for both S1 and S2, and then you are considered 'enrolled'. You have to make your timetable for both now, but you can change the finer details later.

Just follow the prompts in myUNSW and everything will be explained =]

sunny

meh.
HSC
Abtari said:
- where to get a student ID number? is that the same as the unipass thing? i.e. the one that starts with z and has digits after it?
zXXXXXXX - that is your student number.

Abtari said:
- it says we don't need to go to campus to enrol, just can do online.. do we get a confirmation of enrolment after this? also, wot OTHER things are we supposed to get after enrolling, cos Im not sure, and I want to be able to expect things... (so i can yell at the uni, if i don't receive something)
Seeing your timetable is a confirmation you're enrolled. If you want something, print it out.

Abtari said:
- how do we get our student id card??
Already covered in detail in the stickied threads at the top of this forum.
http://community.boredofstudies.org...id-cards-available-16th-jan-old-students.html

Abtari said:
- when do we get to choose our courses, core and elective? e.g. for civil engineering, are the courses fixed, or do we have to choose? can we get advice online to help us choose or do we have to contact unsw itself?
If you still have no idea about your subjects are at this point in time, I'm sorry to say that you might not even know what you're getting yourself into. I suggest you go and read the structure for your program at the Virtual Handbook.

Abtari said:
- does enrolment mean automatically for session 1 and 2 in 2006 or do we have to do both individually? some explanation here would be great!
No, you will repeat the whole process before session two. But for now you still need to enrol in subjects for session 2.

Abtari said:
- when do we get our timetable?
When you enrol in your subjects on myUNSW.

I know when you enrol and accept your offer, particularly online, there is alot of reading material and new things to sink in - but its very important that you actually read all of it. Essentially everything that you need to know is already on myUNSW, its just a matter of reading it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)