Some help needed with creative writing (1 Viewer)

CloudDeter

HSC
Hello all. I'm doing a question for creative writing which is about belonging. I am wondering how I should go on with the story that I have written up. I kinda have a writers block and I'm not sure how I will get on to the finish.

Technology can either increase or decrease an individual’s sense of belonging
This is my plan so far. I have written up the first part where to protagonist goes to the school.

Character: A young female teenager who is deaf.
Plot twist: The reader doesn't know the narrator is deaf until the near end of the story.
Main plot:
  • Starts off with the protagonist explaining herself (except for her deafness)
  • Another day at school
  • Coming home to exciting news from protagonist’s mum (hearing implant)
  • Goes into hospital to get surgery
  • Three weeks later hearing aids are turned on for first time

My teacher has also sent me feedback stating I should write from differing perspectives in the story.

Thanks in advance for the help. :)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Hello all. I'm doing a question for creative writing which is about belonging. I am wondering how I should go on with the story that I have written up. I kinda have a writers block and I'm not sure how I will get on to the finish.

This is my plan so far. I have written up the first part where to protagonist goes to the school.

Character: A young female teenager who is deaf.
Plot twist: The reader doesn't know the narrator is deaf until the near end of the story.
Main plot:
  • Starts off with the protagonist explaining herself (except for her deafness)
  • Another day at school
  • Coming home to exciting news from protagonist’s mum (hearing implant)
  • Goes into hospital to get surgery
  • Three weeks later hearing aids are turned on for first time

My teacher has also sent me feedback stating I should write from differing perspectives in the story.

Thanks in advance for the help. :)
If you make the news and the surgery sound scary (as if something is wrong with her), the reveal that its actually good surgery (the hearing implant) will be stronger and have more of an impact. That's where the drama of the story is.

CloudDeter

HSC
If you make the news and the surgery sound scary (as if something is wrong with her), the reveal that its actually good surgery (the hearing implant) will be stronger and have more of an impact. That's where the drama of the story is.
Thank you very much for this! This idea is great and I've actually got most my story written up now! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)