Some quick questions about your exam... (1 Viewer)

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
1) What two transmission error-checking methods did you discuss?

2) Which conversion method did you justify as an appropriate conversion method for Gourmet Bytes?

For Transaction Processing Systems:

3) What example did you give for bias in data collection?

For Multimedia Systems:

4) What tasks did you say were undertaken by technical staff in the development of multimedia applications?

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by honky tonk
Parity and CRC.
2) Which conversion method did you justify as an appropriate conversion method for Gourmet Bytes?
Direct conversion, paper-based to computerised.
Exaggerating the x and y axes, as scales on charts can distort trends.
What tasks did you say were undertaken by technical staff in the development of multimedia applications?
- Produce the layout and overall design of the multimedia presentation

For Mutimedia Systems, I did misread "Technical staff" for "Technical support staff" so I included things like maintenance, support, advice, technical help and giving tips, explanations and so on (digressing from the true definition).

:)
Originally posted by gmraso
4)(which queston was that?)i have the paper in fromt of me and that's not in it
Question 28
(a) (ii)

Define the tasks undertaken by technical support staff in the development of multimedia applications (3 marks).

It's at the top, before the huge slab about Anna.

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Originally posted by Huy
*LoL* My main reason for asking that was because I had absolutely no idea. It was one of those sections in the textbook where I saw the bolded word bias and thought "meh.. I know what biased means".

*shakes head*

Huy

HSC
N/A
*LoL* My main reason for asking that was because I had absolutely no idea. It was one of those sections in the textbook where I saw the bolded word bias and thought "meh.. I know what biased means".

*shakes head*
LOL!

I remembered reading about Bias and thinking "it may not be important, but I'll read it anyway for myself and for my own benefit" (I knew what bias meant, but I needed an example to clarify it for IPT, so it came in handy today).

I've read the textbook about 2-3 times now (before the half yearlies, bits and pieces before the trial, but relying on fatmuscle's notes because it gives me the theory, without the 'pictures', exercises, chapter views and essentially stripping down the crap in Heinemann and elaborate explanations.

I started reading about 20-30 pages out of Heinemann last night, but I went back to fatmuscle's notes and it has served me well, I don't particularly like fatmuscle's notes when it comes to Multimedia, so I read the textbook there. There's not much scope/coverage, I feel. :)

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
It's finally just hit me that I'll never again have to read the Heinemann textbook again.. Wow, mixed emotions all around.. :(

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
i'd burn the heinenmann if i didn't have to return it to the school(damn)
Oh that reminds me! I get $50 back when I return my textbooks! *Dances* :D

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
We pay a $50 levy fee at the beginning of Year 11, and get it back when we sign out. If someone doesn't pay at the beginning of Year 11, they don't get their textbooks for any subject, and are therefore disadvantaged. I don't even think we can sign out of school without bringing back our textbooks.. it's partially compulsory in a way.

Huy

HSC
N/A
We pay a $50 levy fee at the beginning of Year 11, and get it back when we sign out. If someone doesn't pay at the beginning of Year 11, they don't get their textbooks for any subject, and are therefore disadvantaged. I don't even think we can sign out of school without bringing back our textbooks.. it's partially compulsory in a way.
Your school sounds like mine, it works on the same principle :)

Don't pay your fees, don't bring your textbooks back = No Report, No Reference, No Formal ticket, nada.

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
yere we have to sign out and hand our books over but we dont have the user pay system. What area is your school in?(syd.?)
Newcastle. Good ol' Newcastle. :)

Rudager

1) Parity & checksum
2)Pilot, start it off using one branch then once it's been worked out use it on all of them.
3) meh didnt do it and i CBF looking at the question
4)some crap about setting up touchscreens i really had no idea and just made something up

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Rudager
1) Parity & checksum
2)Pilot, start it off using one branch then once it's been worked out use it on all of them.
3) meh didnt do it and i CBF looking at the question
4)some crap about setting up touchscreens i really had no idea and just made something up
Firstly, welcome to BOS Radager :)

That's interesting how you've decided to select Pilot. If anything I would have (myself) selected phased conversion.

Question 25 - TPS

(a)(ii)
Describe bias in data collection, and provide an example. (3 marks)

Aside
: I'm off everybody, 8 hours here at BOS and +100 posts or so is more than enough for one day. I'll see you all after the HSC examinations, hopefully on the 9th or 10th of November before I get smashed (Extension English party, Matrix Revolutions, more post-HSC partying/drinking. N.B: Drink responsibly :D ;) :p).

All the best, and be good! ;)

pan3dol

for Q22 b , what is the correct SQL language?

arghgh.. i recommended phase conversion.... will i get a lot of marks taken off?

Last edited:

pocydto

Originally posted by pan3dol

arghgh.. i recommended phase converstion.... will i get a lot of marks taken off?
I don't think it really matters what method you chose, as long as it provides a valid and adequate explanation ;), since all of the conversion methods have their own advantages and disadvantages:)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by pan3dol
SELECT Last_name, First_name, Home_phone
FROM FRIENDS
WHERE State="NSW"
ORDER BY Last_name ASC

I believe there is a thread on it.
SQL Question
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16404

arghgh.. i recommended phase converstion.... will i get a lot of marks taken off?
What pocydto said ^^ ;)

I'm off now.

pocydto, cover for me while I'm gone. I trust you will be fine :D :p
Hehehe.

"I'll be back (Terminator)" in a few weeks :cool:

pocydto

Originally posted by Huy

pocydto, cover for me while I'm gone. I trust you will be fine :D :p
Hehehe.

"I'll be back (Terminator)" in a few weeks :cool:

In a few WEEKS? :confused: I thought the exams don't end for you until a while... Or maybe you're just simply trying to stop wasting anymore time on these forums :p . J/K :)

But hey, you helped me get a mark by replying to my thread on "boolean" in the IPT forums.:) Well study hard!

4130warrior

Originally posted by Huy
That, in my opinion, would reflect bias in displaying, whereas it asked to "Describe bias in data collection. I talked about only collecting significant types of data, such as a credit card company only collecting information on how many times cards were used to show they generated the most profit, when in reality, the transactions could only have been for $1 each.

Bandit

Checksum and CRC

Parallel Conversion because customers would not suddenly know the new phone number. Sure, I could have said that the numbers were redirected, but I felt that was like using information I didn't have.

For Transaction Processing Systems:

I said an example of bias in data was data collected from the question "Is football or lawn bowls a better game?", only asking a team of football players.

For Multimedia Systems:

4) What tasks did you say were undertaken by technical staff in the development of multimedia applications?
Installation of hardware/software. Maintenance. Contributing to feasibility studies (eg technical feasibility). Lots of things you could have said, I think I said more, but that is all I can remember saying.

Does anyone approve?

Rudager

Originally posted by Huy
Firstly, welcome to BOS Radager :)

That's interesting how you've decided to select Pilot. If anything I would have (myself) selected phased conversion.

yeah i dunno seemed to fit well, since there's multiple braches that will be used eventually why not test it using one then once the bugs are worked out spread it out over the whole system.

Anyway any type of conversion is right just as long as you can back it enough with enough reasons

haj86

I chose Pilot Method? I chose Pilot method? i know u guys are right, but would i loose marks? because i demonstrated why i chose it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)