someone do a cloudstreet FAQ (1 Viewer)

Wakely

HSC
I agree! There's one for pretty much every other topic! It's probably just cos Cloudtreets not as popular, but still!!!!

HSC
N/A
*points to image of mods slaving over existing guides for purely goodwill reasons*

*points to image of mods having a life (eg uniwork) outside of BOS*

*points to studyguides in a bookstore* :D

Although maybe if you can find a mod/BOSmember who has done their HSC who did Cloudstreet and ask really really really nicely, they might write a guide up...

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
Cloudstreet...the one text to screw up my entire English subject (did heaps good in the other ones)

I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thinking of changing text last minute

HSC
N/A
heh. There's always one module everyone hates ;)

But damn, it'll feel so good walking out of your exam room in a few months, realising that you can finally burn all your notes ;)

... ok maybe not. Be environmentally responsible and put them into the recycling bin. :p

bea :)

HSC
a last min change is a bad bad idea lol
by now jus from being in class u sld have sum understanding about the "universal truths " i.e. centrality of family and the role of religion, aboriginals ect, and jus remember to do critics, meanwhile the exam is when lol. couple of days and i havnt even started studying for area of study lol. what dont u understand bout cloudstreet. annoying book i must admit, but it can b largly ur interpretation which makes it easier...

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
Here's a good one

Is Cloudstreet a crap book?
Certainly

What should I focus my essay on?
Quick, the son of a biatch

Should I make any practice essays?
No, because they'll just give you a random and specific question that'll screw you over bigtime and make you feel bad for actually studying since you have wasted an entire year.

Should I read the book?
NO, find a summary that's all you need (honestly)

Am I going to do well even if I study?
No, you will not. This is evident in the school's result, the highest mark acheivable to this day for THIS text for module B is a 16/20!

Am I screwed for Engrish?
Not unless you get like 20/20 for the other modules and then 15/15 for creative and journeys

Hope that helped :)
and I was serious about the part where you dont have to read the book

Last edited:

Majishan

HSC
lol ^^^ so damn true, that question was soo stupid, i dont even like quick, there was no way to prepare for it :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)