Someone has kidnapped BOS English Exam writers. (1 Viewer)

kaede

HSC
what was with the complete lack of required text types?

i understand that they made it easier (so generic bahh it was annoying) because of last year, but text types are part of the course so why wouldn't they ask them?

i mean they didnt even specify for creative in AoS

mm. and i guess it will be marked differently as they will be looking for certain components and different areas of understanding. oh well. you can never predict with english hey?

HSC
kaede said:
what was with the complete lack of required text types?

i understand that they made it easier (so generic bahh it was annoying) because of last year, but text types are part of the course so why wouldn't they ask them?

i mean they didnt even specify for creative in AoS

mm. and i guess it will be marked differently as they will be looking for certain components and different areas of understanding. oh well. you can never predict with english hey?
Yeah, exactly. :uhhuh:

atreus

HSC
last yr's questions specified themes and were so limited. this year's questions were so general and simple. they look like the easiest questions since the new hsc.

halialoon

HSC
Historykidd has done it again,

First 99 in Modern History, now what...100 in English? 200?

If you did difficult texts like In the Skin of a Lion or Throwim Way Leg you would have found that paper challenging, but because you do what 60% of the state does your cracking a fat already.

Mevelyn2551

HSC
Question: How are English marks aligned?

For example... getting a 20/20 in an essay in english is an extremely difficult feat, is it not? In fact, a mark such as 85-90% for the entire course is far more of an achievenet (in my book anyway), than it would be getting the equivilant in say... mathematics. So in general (based on precedent), what would a raw mark of say, eighty to ninety out of 105 corrolate to after BoS has had their way with it (I wont even pretend to know what they do down there... all I know is that in hard subjects, marks tend to go up, right? Or have I got things confused with the UAI scaling:confused:)

HSC
purpleprincess said:
I read in the daily telegraph paper that the english papers would be marked easier this year because only a few ppl got band 6's last year?
reaaally? what date was that article???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)