Someone Help Me? (1 Viewer)

qwerty91

Executive Member
HSC
Okay, I have this question to do for Exension 1 Preliminary course, and i was wondering if anyone could help me out with ideas and/or suggestions? I understand the texts and the question, I just don't know where to start!
The question is
"Composing task: "The way people think and write has always been influenced by their contemporary culture"."

"Compose a narrative which responds in some way to the ideas and values found in the stimulus material in Part A (Chapter 1 of Pride and Prejudice, "Robin Hood" from Once A Jolly Swag Person)
Your writing should reflect your understanding of the relationship between language and values.
(1200 words)"

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated!!!!!
Thanks, D x

bored of sc

HSC
qwerty91 said:
Okay, I have this question to do for Exension 1 Preliminary course, and i was wondering if anyone could help me out with ideas and/or suggestions? I understand the texts and the question, I just don't know where to start!
The question is
"Composing task: "The way people think and write has always been influenced by their contemporary culture"."

"Compose a narrative which responds in some way to the ideas and values found in the stimulus material in Part A (Chapter 1 of Pride and Prejudice, "Robin Hood" from Once A Jolly Swag Person)
Your writing should reflect your understanding of the relationship between language and values.
(1200 words)"

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated!!!!!
Thanks, D x
Um, I like the whole idea of contemporary cultures vices in Australia that are so uncalled for but very easy and common in society (like harmful drug use (alcohol included), racism, homophobia, negatively distinguishing the poor, sick or disabled; as well as the whole technology thing, e.g. dependence, health problems, environmental harm etc)

all the above should relate to pride and prejudice [I haven't read it but the title suggests its two key themes] (racism being an immense prejudice for e.g.) in a slight way and robin hood I haven't read for a while so I forget it all

lol

:) good luck with that - sounds hard - just one of the many burdens of extension english

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)