---SOMEONE---PLEASE---HELP--- no one replies to threads in the FOOD tech forum ?Y? (1 Viewer)

^___ShabS___^

has anyone got info on ANY of these ...... PLEASE post them..... or...PM me PLEEAAASSEEEE .... WE CAN EXCHANGE NOTES via mail !!!!!!!!!! :uhhuh:

My food tech teacher is the WORST teacher ive had in the 12 years of being at school..... i dont know where to start with her.... so to sum it up she is the WORST teacher....

1) one recent development in one specific sector
2) gender issues in the Australian Food Industry

3) describe processes that transform raw materials into manufactured food products

4) compare the processing techniques, equipment, storage and distribution systems used in industry with those used domestically

5) investigate, through experimentation, the suitability of packaging materials for different food products

6) analyze the impact of food manufacturing technologies on individuals, groups and society

????????????????? :confused: ??????????????????? :confused: ??????????????????????? :confused: ?????????????????????? :confused: ??????????

PPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEE
please!

shortie_190

i reply!

hey ft is heaps to remember and every1 always says its a soft subject!!! I'd b happy to help you thou just email me with what ever u need help with. Its my best subject so id be happy to help u with it. (shortie_190@hotmail.com)

da_butterfree

HSC
N/A
ok..
with a recent development... u could use packaging from food manufacture.
gender issues.. i guess u shud look at the excel notes.. they are really summarised but u could get an idea of what might u need.

there are heaps of processes that transform raw materials into manufactured food.. but i think the best one would be pasturisation.
u could also look at mixing, grinding etc. dehydrating and freezing are very simple ones so i dont know if u would want to use them..

4) compare the processing techniques, equipment, storage and distribution systems used in industry with those used domestically

industry:

processing techniques: complex and need efficient management and resources.

equipment: highly automated and mostly computerised, bigger in size for large scale production. needs extra maintainence and care. extremely expensive.

storage: large scale, controlled conditions, stprage forms a part of the critical control points, etc.

distribution system: extremely efficient and expanded (blah blah blah.)

the domestic industry wouldnt have much sophistication and would be carried on a much smaller scale with lesser resources.

:rolleyes: i guess thats all i can think about right now... its 12:38 am.. and am soo soo tired.. :sleep: zzzzzzzzz

hope this helps.. just from da top of my head.. shall look more into it..later...

shortie_190

hey as long as you have the food technolgy in action text book your sweet. It follows the syllabis and will tell you everything you need to know...that book is a life saver!

sirius_g

HSC
Worst Teacher!!

Hi,

I'm wondering what is your teacher's name??? It's just I absolutely had the worst food tech teacher - and believe me I am still scared ( If you want to feel better I will tell you my story....) The point is though I was ranked 5 th in the state ( not bad considering my childminder said I would fail) last year for Food Tech ( in the last HSC term I was finally removed from my food tech child-minder meet professor umbridge or "fat bitch" ( if you ever have read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoneix) and allowed to learn independently. I'm sure she's most probably told the whole school, that reason why I went so good is due to her ( my real HSC food tech teacher left half-way through the HSC)

In response to your questions here is my advice, it worked for me without a Teacher for 2 terms.......I know this doesn't exactly answer your question but if you do this there is no reason why you can't come top ten in the state.....

If you haven't got The Excel book, buy a copy ... It has NEARLY every thing you need to know ( and is really small compared to say a biology or business studies tect book - it took me barely an hour to read the whole book.) I wouldn't recommend learning from it solely though as in food tech you NEED to have EXAMPLES otherwise you will get halve marks rather than full
Second get a copy of the syllabus ( the indepth one --- can't remember whether the indepth one is in Excel book) any way its available at board of studies.nsw.edu.au ( I know its annoying when people tell you to look at the syllabus and you feel like it offers no real answers...the point is to use it as guide so you know what you should be learning)
It should be noted that both ( meaning the Jacaranda) textbooks do not have that anything on Gender issues - however this was in last years HS ( so nearly 90% certain it won't be in this years exam) Recommend business studies textbooks - just apply the info gained to the food industry/ offer food industry examples ie The fact that the jobsin the food retail sector ie Coles - jobs tend to be dominated by females especially the amount of females in managerial positions ( it is rare or non-existent to have more females than males in managerial positions - I think there are only 1-5% ( finished HSC no need to remember statistics or numbers) of women overall in Australia who hold managerial positions)

Thirdly I really recommend a copy of the Standards Packages ( I strongly recommend the 2002 ( if you can't afford the 2001), it has exemplar 20/20 examples and is a goldmine for examples) Most of your above questions have been in past HSC papers( AND it has plently of ESSAY QUESTIONS... band 5/6 etc are great - ), and these CDS not only offer correct answers they offer great examples. Ask your food tech teacher ( if she's really as terrible as mine, she'll pretend she didn't hear you) so you might want to go to the head of the faculty or you can buy them at board of studies web site ( trust me they saved my live due to the examples) ......(on an annoying note my food tech childminder just gave my class the 2002 HSC as our Yearly HSC exam ( she couldn't be bothered buying or cutting/pasting or writing an exam, which is basically or she ever did apart from telling us we were going to fail - however she did harp on and on about how hard it was for her to write the exam and how we should be greatful -obviously she really didn't believe that any of us studied)

In summary the most important thing in Food Tech second to knowing the syllabus is being able to have examples....

from a previous post last year.......................Its been nearly a year so forgive me....

AFI

This is the easiest of all food tech topics. You should pick a company that offers relevant examples to the rest of the food tech companies. Mc Donalds ( multi-national) is a great example - think salad plus - a product innovation designed to combat lost of market share (thus improve profitability) to places such as Subway ( second largest franchier now) which offered healthier options. The Salads Plus menu can be used for Reasons for Food product development and Health Issues - also for the Nutrition option
Macdonalds has also taken a huge campaign to promote the business as green ( visit a store - they should still have brochures on their recent green efforts (Even has its own reduce, reuse and recycle section)about how the litres of fat produced from each restaurant is recycled into soap and cattlefeed. Or about how the business has installed controlled water taps to reduce wastage and energy-saving lights.
The laws are really important to know in the 2004 HSC, as they are the only section not to be covered to indepth. Look out for the environmental laws, and trade practices the Excel Food Tech book has great dot points on each law - just remember the main points and then expand. More important be able to relate them to specific businesses.

FM

In studying a product you should choose everyday necessities as these have the most readily available info eg think Milk- line extensions include reduced-fat, skim, iron-enriched, calcium-enriched, omega-3 enriched ( great for examples in FPD and Nutrition also) or bread eg tip-top up

Another good option is canned foods eg canned pears. Information on the canning process is readily available ( eg Excel textbook) - foremost knowing a canned product will mean you can talk about the processes and packaging easily. If you have a food tech teacher ask if they can find you a sheet on Golden Circle Carrots it has all the QC and processes. Another idea is Yakult the website has extensive information on everything - and you can use this for nutrition eg active non-nutrients. A note to milk is the dairy-corporation of Australia in order to promote milk produces a large amount of resources check your library for there publications it has everything from production eg ( AFI) all the food products from milk ( eg yoghurt and there production) its effects on the environment ( eg cows producing methane) and social and economic effects ( eg imports and exports) also marketing eg Is your man getting enough campaign

Food Product Development

The hardest topic in terms of developing a product. Developing a line-extension of Sara Lee Bites may be more fun, and interesting to do, but it will in all likely hood limit your ability to use your knowledge from FPD in other areas of the topic and course ( I took the fun product road, and lended learning milk, just before the exam, however if taking the product is great for Steps in Food Product Development). Eg developing of a bread enriched with omega-3's, vitamin E . Crucially in product development if done well ,you should be able to change your product's name in an exam to a real product eg above product development could be changed to the product Tip Top Up which is Omega-3 fortified bread line-extension by Tip Top.
Just remember examples you need EXAMPLES for everything - the standards package 2002 has a great FPD essay ( exemplar) if you can't be bothered to think of some. And Product Tests , this is part of your syllabus outcomes and has been in every exam so far -

Nutrition

Two things crucial - the knowledge learned hear should be applied to Food product Development topic eg Gluten-free breads have been developed due to people suffering Coeliacs disease. Milk-intolerances have led to lactose-free milk. The immense impact of people suffering from heart-disease has called for products to be lower in fat ( especially saturated fat) , salt, cholesterol and fibre eg Arnotts Snack Right.
New things to learn will include FIGAC ( acronyms really help !!!) Food Industry, Private Agencies, Community groups, Individuals, Governments. However, you should have examples from previous topics eg Food Industry eg Food Service and Catering Macdonalds

To conclude Food Tech is a really enjoyable and easy subject. You don't need a food tech teacher ( Although you might want to consider being removed from her childminding sessions) Just examples, and examples which you can interlate to the whole course are absolutely fab
It really cuts down your work, you can learn the whole course in a month or week.

Goodluck!!!!!!!!!

Sirius.

nik_noodle

HSC
hey!
I am really only in for a quick visit today. Have so much work to do and dont really have time to be online, but I'll pop back in in a few days when the work slows down a little and some of these assessments are over, and type up some of my notes.
in the meantime. any questions, email to me at all_saints4eva@yahoo.com.au or phone me on 0403 810 569 and I'll try and help you with whatever i can.
sorry im not much help atm!
also, if anyone is interested in a group study session...i know a couple of other gosford high girls who would be interested!
love nikki

shortie_190

yeh the standard packages are so good and they are a good indication of what questions may be asked this year...and what is it with ft teachers leaving??? i seriously had the best one ever who left at the end of last term and have just started with sum new one...yeh a group study could work...we could get really good notes from that and pick up stuff from each other our teachers may not of taught us...

^___ShabS___^

thanks for taking the time guys .. I appreciate it… .. Sirius g do u have essays u can send me??
I didn’t think anyone would reply so I didn’t visit this forum since my last post here… hehe
Anyway…
I am going according to the syllabus I got from the board of studies site… its just that some things from that syllabus I cant find… and some dot point require a lot of research and I don’t have enough time for that right now… and if I ask my teacher she’ll just say its in ur book…look in ur book… but the book doesn’t have everything…. Some of the gurls in my class are completely LOST in food tech…. :mad:

Now about my teacher …she’s indian! and a bitch & a half! :uhhuh: (if u can be bothered to read this)

She refuses to give us a copy of the syllabus when I asked her for one in term 1…!!!! And then when she found out I found a copy of the syllabus and was doing everything at home… coz of that she went off at me in class…she says no you cant do that. most of the time the class is a bludge… she’d make some one read a few sentences and then she talks about just those sentences then for the remaining 2 periods she’d go completely off topic talking about what her opinion is on this political matter and that teacher and so on, she mostly talks about this stuff with her 2 or 3 favourite students in class… one of whom is a COMPLETE suck up.. everyone in class knows she sucks at teaching.. the students from last year also said that to us..
we haven’t done half of the practical stuff from the syllabus …. Let alone the basics we need to know… if u look at everyone’s books in my class for food tech to see how much we’ve written up until now …u’ll find maximum 25-30 pages of work since the beginning of term 4 last year… but I think/hope they all have written their own notes at home (and if I tell her that.. she’ll just give me lower marks and hate me even more)… she hates me soooo much .. and the entire class knows that… they say why is she such a bitch to you… coz of her I cried a few times for giving me a hard time… :vcross: :vcross:

once I asked her a question in class she didn’t even explained it properly I was still confused about it but I didn’t ask again… and she says to everyone in class .. ..i don’t why she’s asking that question.. everyone looks at me in class.. and they’re like WFT.. what is that curry’s problem…… (she tries to make me look like the bad person.. never talks to me in private always screams at me in class).. she gave me lower marks than what I deserved in the half yearly and when I told her I deserve more marks for this and that… she said u don’t trust my marking … no im not changing it …if I change urs I’d have to collect everyone’s papers again and look at them again and change their marks. in my head im like WTF… no u don’t…. the excuses she comes up with…. For my 1st assessment I deserved a 20/20 but she gave me 19/20 …. She just couldn’t give ME the full marks…

We’ve skipped chapters just because we’ve done an assignment using those chapters…. I had problems and needed to ask questions on those chapters but I couldn’t coz she’d just hate me more and more for asking her so many questions … and no one else could either coz they didn’t have the guts … and she didnt even once said anyone have questions on those chapters… not once!
When we studied in class for an exam that was a day or two away… she’d talk about some things from the book that we never worked on or heard of before… and that came in the exam in the form of an essay! (and there was lil on it in the book)

Our relationship got to all this after this book incident … and she wont get over it and wont stop being a bitch

I had underlined the answers according to the syllabus in the food tech book with a pencil lightly (im just used to doing it that way.. plus most of my friends have done it that way…).. (this was b4 half yearly)… when she saw it she said rub it out … i told her I will do it after I copy all the underlined answers from the book.. she said I want to see the book clean in one week..(how could I copy so much work in one week when I had assessments to worry about)… she then took the text book from me and said u have to come every lunch time with a rubber and rub it out then u can have the book back… I refused to do that coz I couldn’t.. I had not even copied the underlined answers from the book and she wanted me to rub it out …plus my half yearly was close.. so I couldn’t rub it and start all over again… I told her trust me miss when I return the book back to the school u will have it back neat… she still refused … so I had no choice but to buy the book … it cost me $50 I needed the underlined answers for the half yearly…

Aarrrgghhh … cant stand her…. :mad:

I did go to the head teacher… but that made no difference… I told my mum she said let ur dad deal with it … if I let that happen she’ll give me low marks for my assignment..!!!(which she collected to mark on MAY!!!...still haven’t got it back…and there’s only 14-15 students in food tech) My brother said I’ll go talk to ur principle I didn’t let him…

Don’t know what to do with her… :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

nik_noodle

HSC
whoa! she sounds like the evil evil teacher from hell!
serious darl, any help i can give you, let me know. i think i posted my number somewhere, and I'll type those essays, and maybe some more of my notes up for you asap!
I can identify with teachers like that. My bio is very similar, although not quite to that extreme. and all she will teach off is the syllabus. ie. point, 2 lines of notes, point covered. grrr.
anyway, if ppls are interested in a group session, let us know.
I'm on the central coast, but am willing to travel to sydney for it. or newcastle, or whatever.
Anyway, im feeling pretty good atm. Just got back from Ourimbah Uni, been working all arvo and actually completed an entire assessment. woohoo :D
Love Ya's Lots,
Nikki

^___ShabS___^

thanx nikki !
hope u get excellent marks for ur assessment! r u in yr 12.... im lost!

ur at Central coast!!! and willing to go so far!!! wow!
im at parra ... cant we do the group session thingy over the net?

shortie_190

hey i have notes on the stuff you posted...ummm how do u want me to get them to you?? And i was wondering whats everyone doing as their elective?

nik_noodle

HSC
hey darls
lol yes im in year 12! Narh, i was gonna type up my yr 8 notes. :p
sorry, overtired, sarcasm is showing.
um, my option is marketplace. weird i know. i think only 14 schools did it last year or something. but i loved it.
oh yeah. i didnt think about study session over net. hehe. we'll have to come up with a time soon!
we're almost finished Food Product Development. im finding it pretty easy, business studies helps so much with it. all the marketing, i already know, so there isnt that much to learn. well of what we've done so far anyway. I honestly havent looked that closely at the syllabus yet!
I had to talk to yr10 today about subject choices, I was sposed to be talking to them about business studies, but ended up persuading so many students to take food tech apparantly. lol. I am so biased!
and im totally babbling.
sorry dudes, but i havent checked my emails in a while, and am missing my usual babble pages :p
anyway, be good :D
Love Nikki

essie

READ THIS NOW!! (syllabus info)

YES YES food tech is HARD if you dont know the syllabus! and for all you lazy little shits look up http.//hsc.csu.edu.au/ and then click on food tech, it goes through the syllabus step by step and gives examples and questions and ANSWERS!! trust me its a really good site and not only for food tech! also buy the excel, everything that it has in it relates back to the syllabus and it has really good revision queations and techniques to help you pass with a good mark!!

love lots and happy studing!!

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
I think I can help I did FT in 03 to make it easier think when it asks about recent develeopments in the Food Industy think about computerisation in terms of mass production and also when u talk about technology and its impact in society think along the lines of packaging eg vacum packaging & things like that if u need anymore txt me on 0423689323.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)