• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Something interesting (2 Viewers)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Thats hilarious. I don't know whether to laugh at Di or cringe at her reign.

prusso

HSC
- Professor Schwartz told the university solicitor there was closed circuit video footage of Professor Yerbury "entering the VC's storage area at 5am". He restricted her access to the university and removed her master key.

lol!

X

xeuyrawp

What a dodgey, dodgey old sow.

Good riddance to a bad smell. Hopefully they repossess everything she owns except her hideous 80s clothing.

faintygirl83

HSC
N/A
Her salary was huge! :eek:

Di Yerbury spoke at this information session that I went to prior to enrolment day when I started at MQ last year. Had no idea she'd earn that kind of money!

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
This was front and 2nd page of the Herald, and the most viewed article today...crazy. (Perhaps the title of the thread could be changed to reflect what it's all about)

Any publicity is good publicity for the uni I guess...at least people who had no idea where the heck Macquarie was now know we have a real f*ck off expensive art collection (which Di is hoarding).

CieL

HSC
Are we.... somewhat paying for her $40k in credit card debts?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
probably
probably for this as well
The university council has been told $200,000 had been spent trying to find out who owns the artworks in dispute
i also had no idea she'd make that kind of money!

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
From the article linked above:

"In addition she is using the services of the driver. We have not been able to get the driver to drive me as he has been fully occupied by Di. So, I have been taking taxis," Professor Schwartz wrote to Mr Newman.

"...and cried because she was told that she cannot continue to authorise her own travel and to authorise expenditures for the art gallery and other expenses."

It'd be hilarious if it wasn't so serious.

X

xeuyrawp

Cyan_phoeniX said:
Fuck. How high up are these people? :O
Chancellors:

Sydney Uni: The Hon Justice Kim Santow, Supreme Court Judge, Judge of the Court of Appeal,
UNSW: David Gonski, businessman and general richass, egChairman of Coca-Cola Amatil, Director ANZ, Director Westfield, Director ING,
UTS (ex Chancellor): Sir Gerard Brennan, Chief Justice of the Australian High Court,
Oxford: The Right Hon Lord Pattern of Barnes,
Cambridge: His Royal Highness, The Duke of Edinburgh,

etc etc. Chancellors are always important people who really have nothing to do with the uni. :p

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
fark all i can say is, was she really worth 600k a year?

Rob, who's the chancellor of UWS? :p

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
Chancellors:

Sydney Uni: The Hon Justice Kim Santow, Supreme Court Judge, Judge of the Court of Appeal,
UNSW: David Gonski, businessman and general richass, egChairman of Coca-Cola Amatil, Director ANZ, Director Westfield, Director ING,
UTS (ex Chancellor): Sir Gerard Brennan, Chief Justice of the Australian High Court,
Oxford: The Right Hon Lord Pattern of Barnes,
Cambridge: His Royal Highness, The Duke of Edinburgh,

etc etc. Chancellors are always important people who really have nothing to do with the uni. :p
Yeah, I can't believe Newman got all up in arms when the in-house lawyer said no to his request to see certain boxers of documents by saying that she works for Schwartz. Chancellors do shit all, what does he expect?

Current High Court Justice Michael Kirby was our chancellor for a number of years.

X

xeuyrawp

GoodToGo said:
Current High Court Justice Michael Kirby was our chancellor for a number of years.
Ooh, I didn't know that! <3 Kirby.

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
I loved Di Yerbury at the opening speech before enrolment - she reminded me of Damn Edna :D

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
^^ so did i, she seemed friendly, approchable, fun and innovative.

iwannarock

HSC
PwarYuex said:
Ooh, I didn't know that! <3 Kirby.
Michael "i dissent in every case" Kirby.

poor guy got lumped in with all the conservatives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)