• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Something interesting (3 Viewers)

X

xeuyrawp

Since there was no 'this is confidential' tag, I assume I can pass it on.

This was sent, I assume, to every .mq.edu.au email address today:

Dear Colleagues and Students:

As you will be aware, there have been a number of media reports over the past few days concerning the University and the former Vice-Chancellor.

I do hope that you can appreciate and understand the position we are in. An important part of our roles is to be accountable for the public funds entrusted to us, and to ensure that we implement and uphold the highest standards of governance. When it became clear several months ago there were gaps relating to some of our records, we were required to make proper enquiries, ensuring that the University's Council was kept informed at every stage.

On a personal level, it is disappointing that our obligation to take this action, and the public debate which has ensued, has distorted recognition of the most important contribution to Macquarie made by Professor Yerbury over the last 20 years. Not least, her fostering of the art collection is much admired, and is even more important reason for us to establish good records relating to the ownership and provenance of the paintings and sculptures. It will also allow us to identify and recognise those other generous benefactors who have lent or given works of art to the University over many years.

The University’s internal auditors, Deloittes, are currently in the process of completing a draft report. Professor Yerbury has been approached by Deloittes to provide information as part of this process. Once the Deloittes report is complete, it will be given to the NSW Auditor General, so that the audit of the University’s accounts can be completed..

Notwithstanding these unfortunate events, progress continues to be made and the Vice-Chancellor will shortly be unveiling our exciting 2007 program to you.

In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your understanding. We are working as quickly as possible to resolve all outstanding issues. Your strong and continuing commitment is greatly appreciated and we look forward to building on the strong foundation which is Macquarie University.

Steven Schwartz and Maurice Newman

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It'd be interesting if the PR unit we do will have us make one for these for the assignments, that'd be quite challenging and fun

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
It sounds like he has realised he's made a mistake, is making excuses and trying to cover his tracks - but at least I guess he is trying to be honest about it which is cool :)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Re: Macquarie Uni in the NEWS....

they sent us an email regarding this idiotic matter...its a bit sad though that the vice chancellor earns that much and does essentially shit all except, as she puts it, "entertains".

Rahul is auditing Mq :p <3 Deloitte

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC

No.

Enlish (or lack thereof) is the problem.

X

xeuyrawp

lcf said:
It sounds like he has realised he's made a mistake, is making excuses and trying to cover his tracks - but at least I guess he is trying to be honest about it which is cool :)
... What???

It sounds like he doesn't want Yerbury to be any more cranky/isolated/uncooperative than she already is.

If anything in the press is factually incorrect and defaming, Yerbury's within her right to take legal action. Unless I'm missing something, she hasn't started action, so is clearly (at least in part) guilty of what was claimed in the press.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC

i'm not surprised about the mq international travel expenses being so high...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)