Song as a text (1 Viewer)

Fsadni

HSC
Does anyone know how to link a song?
I am looking at a song from the idea that the imaginative journey can be taken from the viewpoint of the characters, the author or even the responder (me).

Is this a valid viewpoint, or must the journey come from the characters? If so, that screws up my song, as it has no characters, not really.

My prescribed text is 'Tempest', and I have not decided fully on my texts.
I'm thinking of 'Night at the Museum' or 'Jumunji' for a movie text (only one) and either the demo version of 'In the End' by Linkin Park, 'End of the World' by R.E.M, or 'Journey to the Past' from a Disney movie.

With the songs 'In the End', and 'End of the World' I have taken the viewpoint that myself as the responder is going on a journey because of the lyrics.

Help please!?

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
consider the aural components of the song if you really want to ace a song as a text.

Fsadni

HSC
What do you mean by 'aural components'? The notes of the song, the beats, the atmosphere created by the music?
My teacher is not the best, and he has not really explained how to do our related texts.
Thank you for your replies so far.

Cerry

HSC
Fsadni said:
With the songs 'In the End', and 'End of the World' I have taken the viewpoint that myself as the responder is going on a journey because of the lyrics.

Help please!?
I think, although i wouldn't stake my life on it, that would be a two fold imaginative journey. Only thing is, you have to be able to talk about how a character/the author is going on the journey themselves, and taking you with them, which I'm not sure you'd be able to pull off to well with either of those songs (however, I've never really looked at them from that viewpoint, so I could easily be wrong).

Fsadni

HSC
Thank you Cerry for your idea on how to do song.
And dawed, uh I don't speak (Lebonese? Arabic?) so it would be hard for me to use 'Shifta' because I would have to look for the lyrics and keep a copy for when I want to study it. If I listen to an english song, I would be able to use it more easily.

EDIT:
In 'In the End' there is a character, a persona. The singer actually makes use of first person in one of the lines.
Also I have looked over my songs again, and found others that may fit.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)