Sooo what do we think about tomorrows paper?? (1 Viewer)

lucyfitz

HSC
Mod B is going to screw me over. Actually most of it is going to screw me over, I think my marks will mainly be stored in Mod C and A. I reckon they'll ask a super specific question for Mod B, Mod A probably won't be an essay. Hopefully Mod C is a choice.

dani01

HSC
Mod B is going to screw me over. Actually most of it is going to screw me over, I think my marks will mainly be stored in Mod C and A. I reckon they'll ask a super specific question for Mod B, Mod A probably won't be an essay. Hopefully Mod C is a choice.
what do you mean module a probably will not be an essay? what do you think it will be

lucyfitz

HSC
what do you mean module a probably will not be an essay? what do you think it will be
My guess? Interview/letter between composers/critics ect... or a conversation. I could be wrong but I have a feeling.

dani01

HSC
My guess? Interview/letter between composers/critics ect... or a conversation. I could be wrong but I have a feeling.
how would i start something that like? mind giving me a few pointers please

lucyfitz

HSC
how would i start something that like? mind giving me a few pointers please
Depends what they ask. Letter could be from the perspective of a composer, so you'd talk about your motivations behind the text and insert your themes and quotes there, provide contextual detail I guess. Interview is similar to a conversation, you'd literally be like:
Composer 1: And what are your thoughts on the idea of transience throughout the poems?
Composer 2: Well, I intended to incorporate as many Romantic values as I could throughout the text, for example, "Quote"

dani01

HSC
Depends what they ask. Letter could be from the perspective of a composer, so you'd talk about your motivations behind the text and insert your themes and quotes there, provide contextual detail I guess. Interview is similar to a conversation, you'd literally be like:
Composer 1: And what are your thoughts on the idea of transience throughout the poems?
Composer 2: Well, I intended to incorporate as many Romantic values as I could throughout the text, for example, "Quote"
thankyou so much!

MrSir

HSC
N/A
Of course module A will be an essay .how the texts talk to each over time and through context

lucyfitz

HSC
Of course module A will be an essay .how the texts talk to each over time and through context
I don't know... it might be but NESA has consistently hinted that it won't be, the whole design of the new syllabus points to it not being an essay. Textual conversations is much more likely to be a different text type than the critical study imo

MrSir

HSC
N/A
I don't know... it might be but NESA has consistently hinted that it won't be, the whole design of the new syllabus points to it not being an essay. Textual conversations is much more likely to be a different text type than the critical study imo
ok I haven’t seen any module A compairison question that wasn’t requiring an essay answer . I guess they do an interview with two different authors or maybe a ted talk.i was going by the three essay questions on the NESA practice paper

what type of extended response are you anticipating for module A

lucyfitz

HSC
ok I haven’t seen any module A compairison question that wasn’t requiring an essay answer . I guess they do an interview with two different authors or maybe a ted talk.i was going by the three essay questions on the NESA practice paper

what type of extended response are you anticipating for module A
Like the new rubric and design of the paper suggests, I'm more expecting an interview/letter/conversation. Not a discursive piece or anything. They may not, but it's likely they will in this paper to establish divergence in the future. I do hope it's an essay and they go easy on us, though.

MrSir

HSC
N/A
Like the new rubric and design of the paper suggests, I'm more expecting an interview/letter/conversation. Not a discursive piece or anything. They may not, but it's likely they will in this paper to establish divergence in the future. I do hope it's an essay and they go easy on us, though.

I think you mean module C the craft of writing . That won’t be an essay .
Module A is th3 two texts together. You are right though there will only be two essays and a writing task

lucyfitz

HSC
I think you mean module C the craft of writing . That won’t be an essay .
Module A is th3 two texts together. You are right though there will only be two essays and a writing task
No I'm well aware that Mod C is going to contain a discursive, imaginative, persuasive ect... But I mean Mod A. It's likely they will ask us in a non-traditional way that doesn't follow essay structure. I hope they don't, but at least we were prepped for it in trials.

MrSir

HSC
N/A
No I'm well aware that Mod C is going to contain a discursive, imaginative, persuasive ect... But I mean Mod A. It's likely they will ask us in a non-traditional way that doesn't follow essay structure. I hope they don't, but at least we were prepped for it in trials.
ok well that would be possible I guess but I would be very surprised. You sound like you hav3 experienced modile A questions in no essay format so As long as you are well prepared it shouldnot be an issue anyway .

MrSir

HSC
N/A
ok well that would be possible I guess but I would be very surprised. You sound like you hav3 experienced modile A questions in no essay format so As long as you are well prepared it shouldnot be an issue anyway .
anyway . Best wishes and I hope it’s to your liking

lucyfitz

HSC
Eeee I hope I am well prepared! Lol, everybody is hinting something will catch us off guard :oops:
anyway . Best wishes and I hope it’s to your liking
Thank you!! I hope everything goes well for everybody!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)