Sor 1 (1 Viewer)

denoz

HSC
can anyone tell me if sor 1 scales any good cause i am currently doing it but not sure if i should keep it for my hsc.

p.s. i go to a catholic school so i will have to do catholic studies if i drop it

HSC
yeah it scales pretty well actually, plus its pretty easy to go well in so i would keep it. its up to u of course but i would choose sor over catholic studies any day...much more interesting too

H

housemouse

lol what are you talking about?

It scales like ass because catholic schools have a large number of their students doing it and so you have a mix of great students and students who dont give a shit.

denoz

HSC
hmmm ok. Im leaning towards dropping it anyway but then i'll only have 10 units. Is this ok?

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
according to my sor teacher it scales really well and for "minimal effort" (quoting him) our class does really well too, we do jackshit in class and ace the exams and he gets really pissed at us for it lol

HSC
DROP!!!!

Just cos I hated it. I don't know about your school but at mine the SOR1 people do pretty much as much work as the SOR2 ones only in half the time so it's all homework. Plus we have a religion department of excessively pious fools and I spent all of year 11 arguing with the teacher because she was to bleeding narrow-minded about anything.
Well that's my rant, I say drop. even if it does scale well or whatever, it's not worth the torture.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
TheQueenOfLeon said:
DROP!!!!

Just cos I hated it. I don't know about your school but at mine the SOR1 people do pretty much as much work as the SOR2 ones only in half the time so it's all homework. Plus we have a religion department of excessively pious fools and I spent all of year 11 arguing with the teacher because she was to bleeding narrow-minded about anything.
Well that's my rant, I say drop. even if it does scale well or whatever, it's not worth the torture.
We're similar. RE department this year consists of either idiots or biased teachers. I wish i could drop, i really do. Why the hell do they make SOR1 compulsory in Catholic schools anyway?

HSC
S1M0 said:
We're similar. RE department this year consists of either idiots or biased teachers. I wish i could drop, i really do. Why the hell do they make SOR1 compulsory in Catholic schools anyway?
Dropping SOR was the second school-related best decision I ever made- best was dropping maths.
It'd be good if we could just do a token once a week type thing so they can say we're doing religion and we don't have to waste our time. Oh well.

Ps, Optophobia, RE is almost as good as being in study. It is at my school, anyhow. People say if you're going to have to do it you way as well do SOR but really, it makes a big difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)