SOR I speech task, need some help (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Hey guys/girls, I got a speech task for my SOR I topic: Christianity.

I am supposed to write a 5 minute speech on the topic of communion. In this task, what I need to do is to write a speech about communion practised by one Catholic denomination and the other Christanity denomination (e.g. Anglican, Protestant). I will have to compare and contrast the communion practice by different denomination. Which denomination should I choose apart from Roman Catholic for this topic? (the other denomination must have a contrasting communion practice or comparable communion practice).

Any help will be awesome. Thanks!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Thanks guys. But I am not enthusiastic about the wikipedia. My teacher suggested that we do not use wikipedia.

Other source may be?

But I will look into the wikipedia for brief info. Thanks.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
lyounamu said:
Hey guys/girls, I got a speech task for my SOR I topic: Christianity.

I am supposed to write a 5 minute speech on the topic of communion. In this task, what I need to do is to write a speech about communion practised by one Catholic denomination and the other Christanity denomination (e.g. Anglican, Protestant). I will have to compare and contrast the communion practice by different denomination. Which denomination should I choose apart from Roman Catholic for this topic? (the other denomination must have a contrasting communion practice or comparable communion practice).

Any help will be awesome. Thanks!
If you're planning to use the Roman Catholic Church, I'd suggest using a Protestant church as your second church (specifically I'd choose the Baptist church) because they have different teachings and practices based on communion.

For example, if you do choose to use the Roman Catholic and Baptist Churches you can discuss the fact that the Roman Catholic church believes that during the Eucharist, the bread and wine become the body and blood of Christ through transubstantiation. This leads to many rules and rituals which have to be followed - for example a priest must be present during Eucharist. Also the Eucharist is required weekly during mass.

In contrast, the Baptist Church (and many other Protestant churches) believe that the Eucharist is only used as a symbolic ceremony, re-living the last supper. However they reject the idea that the bread and wine becomes the body and blood, instead they only see it as a way of remembering Christ's sacrifice. Also some differences include that Eucharist is not celebrated as often, and a priest/minister is not required.

That's two different perspectives and I hope it helps.

Also, here's some links which I used in my assignment:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/ritesrituals/eucharist_1.shtml
http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/ritesrituals/eucharist_2.shtml

morning storm

HSC
i remember doing that task last year namu, but i got liturgy i think.

ill talk to you at school some lunchtime to help/edit/advise, if you like.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
morning storm said:
i remember doing that task last year namu, but i got liturgy i think.

ill talk to you at school some lunchtime to help/edit/advise, if you like.
awesome~~~

but I will be okay. :uhhuh:

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
I would say the differences in the beliefs about communion, in the different varients bible verses where it comes from too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)