SOR2 Islam assignment help (1 Viewer)

HarlequinBride

HSC
I'm currently doing an assignment on Significant People and Ideas in SORII. I want to do Sayyid Qutb but all the websites I go to seem to say he's a terrorist. So, two questions. Firstly, who would be the easiest to do my assignment on and secondly does anyone know of any good resources for significant people in Islam?

THANKS!!

~aussiegirl!~

08 sac baby!
HSC
I'd try and use Books if there are unreliable websites.

Use Macquarie Revision guide, theres also a new Excel Revision guide also if u can get ur hands on them i'd ask ur teacher cause they should have either of the two and should let u photocopy or borrow them

SiN3m

HSC
in what way are they supposed to be important? just any Muslim in history or someone whodid a particular thing? like try to expand the religion or what ever?

.x.Cookie.x.

HSC
HarlequinBride said:
I'm currently doing an assignment on Significant People and Ideas in SORII. I want to do Sayyid Qutb but all the websites I go to seem to say he's a terrorist. So, two questions. Firstly, who would be the easiest to do my assignment on and secondly does anyone know of any good resources for significant people in Islam?

THANKS!!
There should be heaps of reliable info on Sayyid Qutb.

Try here, for example:

http://59.167.253.39/metatemporal/notawiki/doku.php?id=islam_rtds

Thanks to Snapperhead.

If you want any more information i have pages on it.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Opps......didnt see this this thread and how bad it had become (stupid notifications)

thx to WW for cleaning up the mess

back on topic

i wouldnt do Sayyid Qutb due to the notion he is a bad person (he is the reason why SOR was so heavily criticised by idiot, secular newspaper writers with nothing else to do!) when the new syllabus was released.

Whilst he is a significant figure due to his writings and influence (which does unfortunately include groups like Al Queda...you never have as say in who is going to follow your work!!), I dont know how reliable the information out there is due to his opinions and political leanings

if it were me (and I got a feeling you may have heard this before as I have just set the exact same assignment (!!), I would do one of the women like Aisha or Kadasha as they are the perfect role models of Muslim life (plus they prove that Islam is not a narrow-minded, sexist religion like most idiots believe it is)

/ my 2 cents worth

re my site...dont really know what's there atm but feel free to add to it to help others out!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)