Sorer Or BMW? (3 Viewers)

7th Sign

HSC

might get a new car soon I like the look of these two...I dont know which ones I want which one is better in terms of insurance? fuel eco? problems?

both are around 12k price range...

7th Sign

HSC
Yeah people said similar shit when i got my mx6.
Insurance was like $800 lol not like $4000 like most people said.

7th Sign

HSC
WTF? 800 a month Im not driving a 500 grand bently :|

I pay liek 66 bucks a month :| liek 2 bucks more then your car and im younger then you????

transcendent

HSC
N/A
the red beemer looks hotter. but you're a ricer poser so go for the soarer. i'd pick either of them.

7th Sign

HSC
soarer is a ricers car?????

I thought lancers were the main rice mobile :D

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I prefer the BMW but based on what i've seen you post before 7th sign- you seem to be one of those people who probably would prefer the Soarer. That 3 series BMW looks a bit outdated (2 generations old), but if you like the look of that- go for it? Out of interest, which model is it (as in, what's engine size)?

7th Sign

HSC
the toyota has a v8 engine I believe is this on the banned car list?

I thought family v8s and other types of low power v8s are comming off the ban list or something

Pace_T

HSC
hey 7th sign wats up
umm the bmw's fuel economy is much better than the soarer. even an e36 with a decent sized engine
i think u can pay quarterly for the insurance.
anyway, isn't the insurance based on the price of the car, not if it's a luxury car or whatever? thats what i was told when i got my car
the insurance isn't that much more (if it is) and its definately worth it
the soarer is a rice car for sure. i've driven both a fair bit and the handling of the bmw e36 is way better but of course the soarer has more power/ higher fuel consumption
those bmw's get a lot more looks as well, u can get those bmw's appearing as m3s unless interior etc closely analysed. that's what i did and now u have to take 2 looks to see that mine's not a $120,000 car with spending no more than a few grand on its appearance
the bmw holds more value as well, all bmws hold their value exceptionally well.
if u choose to resell the soarer any time soon people will see that yo uare a young driver + sports car = assumption that the engine has been driven carelessly

out of curiosity, what is the bmw model?

also, i think i read that u have a bit of trouble parking?? keep in mind the soarer is a freakin huge car and so is pretty hard to park =(
but of course im biased becasue i own a car from one of those two car companies ur tossing up between so its probly best to ignore me lol
have fun buying a car! :)

7th Sign

HSC
Yeah Peace T I deffiantly was like a 91-97 BMW in the 2 door coupe version.

I dont know how many different versions their are of these yet they seem to range form like 9k to about 20k...

I think I am going to go with a BMW once I sell my current car yet which 2 door model I dont know?

Pace_T

HSC
this might save u from a bit of confusion:
if these ones are like the e46s, then the ones with clear blinkers come with a sports package with better suspension and a few more interior features - so that will influence the price. the one's with amber blinkers obviously dont have the sports package unless it was modified

again, if its like the e46 (it should, its easy to check what about im about to say), then the smallest for a four door is 318i. the ci's (coupes) start off at 320ci, and both go up to 323ci, 325ci, 328ci, and finally 330ci (*i think*). the 320ci is a 2.2L engine. bear in mind that with the larger engine (as well as increased price, obviously) comes with more interior features. so the 318i or 320ci dont come with as many features as a 330ci or even a 323ci. for example a sunroof might be optional for a smaller engine bmw whereas its standard for a larger engine e36
dont be turned off by getting a smaller engine bmw, they are a fair bit cheaper than the larger engine ones
so thats probably why u see such a huge price range for these cars that look very similar

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeh even the current BMW 3 series- the 320i was under $50k when launched, and the 330i was $100k at launch. Equipment levels vary greatly between the models but in the past they've also tried using lower capacity engine models with features from the more expensive models and badged them as "Sports model" or "Luxury".

I don't think Ci came in that many models- Ci in Australia was limited to 325Ci and 330Ci I think, I know in some of the older models and overseas you could also get 328Ci. Also note, Ci has always costed more than the normal i models- considerably more.

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
Pace_T said:
those bmw's get a lot more looks as well, u can get those bmw's appearing as m3s unless interior etc closely analysed. that's what i did and now u have to take 2 looks to see that mine's not a $120,000 car with spending no more than a few grand on its appearance
i agree. i wanna get a cheap $12000 Beema and do it up, to make it look like an old M3. Those old Beemas look so good with the body kit and the clear indicator shields. go the BMW.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
i like the double round eyed beemers. they're everywhere these days. those are hot! add chrome rims and a dark respray and you have a pimp mobile.

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
i agree. i wanna get a cheap $12000 Beema and do it up, to make it look like an old M3.
:D Just stay off the Bimmer forums - they'll probably crucify you for that.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
transcendent said:
i like the double round eyed beemers. they're everywhere these days. those are hot! add chrome rims and a dark respray and you have a pimp mobile.
Pity they aren't cheap- I'm guessing you are talking about this model~
But sometimes ppl do up the BMW too much it begins to look like that toy car from NFS:Most Wanted- and I'm not a fan of the RC car look on a BMW.

7th Sign

HSC
Ok I deffiantly want a BMW the insurance on them seems to like 200 cheaper for insurance then my current car :| its only like 50 bucks a month ...and Alot of gals seem to liek the BMW in favour of the Sorer :|

I want a bmw with a air bag well my mum wants me to get one becuase my cousin crashed and the air bag saved his life or some bs ? and I want it for about 12k ..and it needs to have 2 doors and like 150 thousand ks or lower?

whats models should I be looking at?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
needs to have 2 doors? i'm not sure if u can get a decent Ci in that price range- you might be able to find a Ti (which has 2 doors i believe)... but that just looks crap.

As for airbag... it should be on E46's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)