Sos need a concept (1 Viewer)

Tofu.Dull.Full

I'm planning to do painting(s) for my BOW. But now in the middle of term 2 i've still have'nt got any idea of wat i going to paint. i need advise or any idea, concepts for me to paint. urget plz help me. i'm really really lost.

Sset561986

Im about as lost as you! ive been told its a good idea to make some historical links and also to remember that we are doing art for exams not art to impress our friends! lol i guess thats not really much help!

soso

HSC
N/A
Lots of places to start. look at art works you like. ASk yourself why you like them. Prepare drawings of bits you like and personalise them with bits of things you like to draw or

Look at your self, map out images of who you are like a street map, think of your life as a suburb with parks, shops etc each one an experience you remember or

just experiment with media such as plaster, shellac, bitumen. Push it around on a board until it starts to get interesting. Do this several times, add bits of magazines and images still it starts to grow into an image or

look at your theory work, case studies, see if you could do something you have researched eg If you have done a case study on picasso's Guernica can you rework the images with the images of iraq?

Or lay down on your canvas and get someone to do your outline, change position and do this several times. Roll across one canvas to another. Use these outlines to develop a dyptich that is some kind of double portrait showing two sides of your personality, choose a restricted palette and use a combination of wash and thick paint to develop the images

Use these ideas to accept/reject and develop your own ideas. It is important to start somewhere and move on from there. Document in your VAPD, write about art that influences you

Hmmm does this help?

stareathesun

i'm a chick i'm a chick i'm a chick i'm a chick i'
Originally posted by tech86
I'm planning to do painting(s) for my BOW. But now in the middle of term 2 i've still have'nt got any idea of wat i going to paint. i need advise or any idea, concepts for me to paint. urget plz help me. i'm really really lost.
whatever you are interested in the world - paint it
for examples:

If you like friends - paint something about social issues, peer pressure, drugs - anything like that
If you have an interest in the news - paint something to do with an area of the news (war is probley going to be a big topic tho, so id avoid that OR take a new approach to it)

if you dont like doing something, then you wont put the effort into it, so paint whatever you want to.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
whatever you do, don't produce work for the markers. first and foremost, make something you like if you're not happy with it, they'll never be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)