• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

sound drivers (1 Viewer)

lusername

HSC
i have just put together my computer and i cannot get the sound to work. when i go to the sound option from control panel it tells me no sound device is installed...but the mobo (asus a8n-vm-csm) has onboard sound!!
plz help

sunny

meh.
HSC
Have you installed the drivers that came with the motherboard?

lusername

HSC
when i try to install the driver (SoundMax ADI1986A Audio Driver) from the asus mobo setup disk i get the following error message;

"the audio driver files do not support your computer hardware."
how can this be when the cd is from the motherboard which has the suond hardware on it! just to clarify i dont have a standalone sound card.

another little thing is when i go to install the vid card utility so i can use "v tuner 2" to get hte most from the vid card i get this error:

Gigabyte VGA utility manager Release build 05.081601 said:
"An error occured during the move data process: -132
Component:
File Group:
File:"

lusername

HSC
thanks for the help guys. i found my problem was partly due to not having yet updated windows....it took a fair while for it to update to the current revision thats out.

all is sweet but my computer is still sitting on the dining table as i cant get my wireless internet adapter to work! i told my old man not to get wireless and to run a cabel under the house but i he knows best....the computers dont ever move so i see no benefits in wireless.

i have a belkin 802.11g 54Mbps USB adapter and i have followed the instructions in the packaging and install thje software from the bundled cd, then it tells me to let windows finish the installation using the add new hardware wizard. problem is that the wizard cannot find the drivers in the windows database, the net or even when i tell it to look on the cd!
please help cos something (most probably my shiny 19" lcd) while its sitting out here in the dining room

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)