Source Docs for my Notes (1 Viewer)

me121

Premium Member
HSC
Hi all. You may have noticed that I recently changed the copyright license of my Physics Notes and Past Paper Solutions (HSC Resources by Andrew Harvey - Andrew Harvey's HSC Resources). They are now licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Australia License.

I'm really excited about this because it allows everyone to do new creative things (legally) that I would have never thought of (so far I've seen someone uploaded my work to a site which allows others to view the document online as images). So now if you think its too slow to download you can upload it to BitTorrent and hope for some faster speeds that way.

The other great thing this license allows is derivative works. Previously if you wanted to add to my notes, change them, or remove parts, you were not allowed. I think this is terrible, so I've also released the source document(hsc phys notes, past paper sol) so that derivative works are much easier. My apologies for it being in Microsoft Word format. So now you are legally allowed to remix these works and publish them for others to benefit from, and I encourage it. PS. I've had some troubles with the fonts for the source document so the pages may have some formatting issues. Also I'm not sure what kind of metadata is stored in the docx... so I'm hanging on a thread here. Also if you do do any remixing please read the red text near the start, it says something like,

"NOTE: If you make derivative works I kindly ask that you retain the text in the box, and remove my name from the footer and title pages (best to replace them with your name, but I cannot insist). (Basically I am asking you to respect two of my moral rights from the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) (part IX, division 2-3), the right of attribution of authorship, and the right not to have authorship of a work falsely attributed). If you want to publish derivative works where the license does not fit in with my “Share Alike” feature, email me."

I still accept corrections or additions for my release so if you want me to add anything to my notes I am open to suggestions.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)