Sources for internal/external influences on business? (1 Viewer)

Mrkingofstuff

HSC
I do consider myself quite adept at understanding all of the content I have come across thus far in Business Studies. Though I am struggling somewhat with the first part of my assessment, I am required to create a media file consisting of ten articles compiled from a wide range of sources eg. newspapers, internet, radio etc. which address different contemporary business issues within Australia. After compiling the media file, I am expected to summarize the issue to demonstrate understanding.

I've got four internet articles so far addressing:
Political influence - Jetstar carbon tax surcharge
Technological influence - Woolworths aiming to have full online service by 2015
Market/Economic influence - Fairfax profits fell 44% due to low consumer confidence, cyclical downturn etc.
Industrial relation issues - The manager who underpaid her employee because she has the mental capacity of a 13 year old.

I seriously have not come across anything else which I feel is a real contemporary business issue, quite a lot related to currency and jobs in general but not businesses specifically. Also, I have only internet articles and I'm expected to have at least two different sources, newspapers basically have the same thing as online and I can't really see any other realistic options. Any suggestions for either issue would be greatly appreciated.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Market/economic is the easy one given how many companies are reporting they are struggling in current economic climate whether it's retailers (e.g. today's Gerry Harvey) or manufacturers (e.g. Billabong is struggling).

Industrial as Examine mentioned would be best summarised with the various industrial relations disputes. I'd avoid doing the teachers though since that might get you unpopular if you pick the wrong article :)

Cl324

HSC
N/A
There are soo many things you can talk about
e.g. Qantas and unions, amcor/visy collusion, woolworths and coles price wars, impact on GFC to Centro etc.

G0

HSC
are you from trinity grammar school

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)