space and time a fabric? (1 Viewer)

Mono!

HSC
just wondering if space and time a fabric then light must travel through this fabric also gravity is a bendi n this fabric so is space a vacumn bcoz this fabric is there?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Technically space is not a vacuum, there was a similar thread made about this and the funny thing is you posted in it lol. Click here...

Mono!

HSC
slightly diffrent question rivet but thanx what subjects r u doing?

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Space and time are inextricably interwoven through relativity, but the "space" referred to is space in the sense of length, breath, and height, not space as in outer space. The idea of a "fabric" is a metaphor to try to help represent this idea. You could also call it the space-time continuum.

I_F

Stan..

HSC
From what I can gather you are probably talking about the models of rubber sheets with large masses that distort the plane. This is a effect of reletivity, the 'fabric' type of effect talks about linear space time as a linear surface that can be distorted by supermassive objects such as large planets, Dark Matter and Black Holes. Relativity talks about how these objects are so massive that they can bend the EM waves that causes time distortion around these points. It is very basic relativity and I'm probably leaving a lot out so, this is not 100% correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)