Space (1 Viewer)

Swagiel_

HSC
My girlfriend and I have been dating for 2 months, she has spontaneously decided to have a break where we don't generally talk.

She says she still loves me and really likes me, but she needs space as I have obviously come on too strong by always talking to her and stuff.

Is having space from each other important? Will it impact the relationship positively?

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
My girlfriend and I have been dating for 2 months, she has spontaneously decided to have a break where we don't generally talk.

She says she still loves me and really likes me, but she needs space as I have obviously come on too strong by always talking to her and stuff.

Is having space from each other important? Will it impact the relationship positively?
HSC: 2016

MissSquiggly

HSC
N/A
In ALL type of relationships, personal space is very important!

So do respect that. Don't make weird sounds when you feel like she's not giving you enough attention.

Cause that'd be unsettling.

You wouldn't want someone glued to your behind 24'7 anyway, right? ^^

I don't know whether it'd be a positive thing or negative. You haven't said enough details.

But if it doesn't work out, then it's doesn't work out. Don't bash yourself over it.

Last edited:
HSC
Yes. Space is always important. I'm probably just going to be repeating stuff that's already been said, but I'm saying it again. Space in a relationship allows you to have a break from the constant attention you're giving and being given, which lets your mind have a rest and refresh itself, so in the long run, yes, it should be beneficial for your relationship.

YoloStudent

HSC
N/A
As most people in the thresh have stated, space is indeed important. I'm a little curious to see how often you talk to her because if she says always as in 24/7 then shes right there, but if your only talking like, lets say for example, 2-4 hours a day (I'm not sure myself how often couples are meant to talk at the "2 month period") then maybe something's up.
Too much space is bad though, could potentially distance yourselves.

Space is like sleep I guess? Too little or too less will be impact negatively, needs to be a balance.

You might want to negotiate? Ask why, and compromise for like less talking or something like that because not maintaining contact (too much space) will place too much distance which what you don't want... you want to maintain the "safe" distance.

yangevangelion

HSC
As most people in the thresh have stated, space is indeed important. I'm a little curious to see how often you talk to her because if she says always as in 24/7 then shes right there, but if your only talking like, lets say for example, 2-4 hours a day (I'm not sure myself how often couples are meant to talk at the "2 month period") then maybe something's up.
Too much space is bad though, could potentially distance yourselves.

Space is like sleep I guess? Too little or too less will be impact negatively, needs to be a balance.

You might want to negotiate? Ask why, and compromise for like less talking or something like that because not maintaining contact (too much space) will place too much distance which what you don't want... you want to maintain the "safe" distance.
This basically sums up the need of a 'balance' in our daily lives. OP I recommend you to read 'The Blank Slate: The Modern Denial of Human Nature' and 'How the Mind Works' both composed by Steven Pinker. It will truly give you a in depth insight into the science of how we, humans, function. You might ask yourself, why do we fall in love? What makes us happy, sad, angry or disgusted? By investing a couple of hours per day, I can assure you it will be a worthwhile read and hopefully you would understand the need of the 'space' requested by your partner. I wish you the best of luck with your relationship with her.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)