Special Provisions (1 Viewer)

lilredelmo

HSC
Heard on the radio today...
30% of Moriah was granted special provisions!Do they have a "special" staff member and doctor on staff to apply for all.Heard the BOS are sus of heaps of applications BUT can do little if verified by a doctor etc.Percentage almost as high in heaps of private schools.

AND one girl had special provisions granted,but was sick for 3 of her exams(entirely new illness)...and got a 99.? for UAI.She didn't even sit these 3!

What's to stop any student ranked high in a top school not doing exams and taking internal as mark??Doctors certificates would be easy to get if you have contacts and many illnesses can't be tested like migraines.

There are SOME genuine cases but it is estimated 40-60% of cases are presented by the school to boost results...NOT FAIR!

Last edited:

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Moriah is jewtown, they can haggle for anything, including school marks,

dp624

HSC
lol stupid special provisions. in know someone at my school who got 100 but had +33% time in each exam. no respect for her now that i've found out

chapm0n

HSC
i had special provisions but i didn't apply for extra time. I had individual instructions/private room (hearing disability), i think they should redo it and only label the number of people who have extra time, insteading of labelling everyone with special provisions as 'cheaters' or assuming them to be. Especially people who really have problems,

HSC
^^^ I have hearing disability aswell but i did used special time in special provision but i didn't get bonuses!!

dp624

HSC
NorthRiversMatt said:
^^^ I have hearing disability aswell but i did used special time in special provision but i didn't get bonuses!!
Why would you even get bonuses, noone else got added marks

dp624

HSC
I dno if i should be sensitive to those that need it...
but as i didnt get any, all i can say is yay?

dp624

HSC
Exphate said:
Life's not fair. People don't get treated equally. Deal with it.

equitable education is where it's at. If people are abusing the system, fuck them up.
Since when was i under the illusion that people are treated equally?
I know people who've abused the system and have so sympathy for them. I think these people outnumber the rest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)