Speculative Fiction (rulez!) Notes (1 Viewer)

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
Hey Speculative Fiction peeps!
I noticed alot of rooms for notes on other moduals, so wheres ours???
And i says to myself i says: Master Llyrai should make his OWN Thread!
So here it is!
Enjoy people!

What...you dont expect me to actually PUT notes in do you? Just how unfair would that be! I already created the tread, do your own dirty work! Pfft! Disgusting.
(LOl)
Bbl with notes! I promise!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
The reason why there isn't any notes on spec fiction on the site is because it is a new module, introduced for the 2004 HSC, so none of us oldies have studied it.

timrie6

HSC
N/A
anyone got some notes on dune or handmaid's tale?

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
The Handmaids Tale is a real good book, ive just completed an essay on it:

The conventions of a Genre will influence or determine the composers choice of narrative and ideas.

How does the composer of your text follow these conventions? In your response examine how the elements of narrative are used by the composer to develop the structure and ideas of the genre studied.

Im not a no. one student, but if anyone wants a copy for ideas, then feel free to ask me.

I havent read Dune or Cyteen yet, Whao they're huge texts!

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
OH, has everyone got
"Common issues of exploration for the prescribed texts"?
Its like THe Bible for this this course, i think your teacher should have it, if he/she doesnt, ill get it scanned and I'll gladly pass it on.
You NEED it.

jellybeenz

HSC
My half-yearly exam is coming up next week... something tells me I'm not going to do too well.

Anybody got some good notes on Dune? I'm willing to swap my LOTR notes (they aren't that comprehensive but I guess u could always use someone elses point of view).

Aussiechick

HSC
my teacher gave us shit loads of notes on both LOTR and Dune, but I haven't gone through them completely yet. When I do, I'll post some

sammeh

oh cool, dune is a proscribed text? i'll be back in a while with my list of casual notes (i've worshipped that book since i was 9, and have somehow contrived to speak about it in pretty much every single assessment i've ever had).

furthermore, i'd suggest "the hero with a thousand faces" by joseph campbell, if you can find a copy of it somewhere - i bought it for 4u eng, but have since dropped that subject bcos i fell WAAAY behind thanks to a bought of glandular fever. but it is an awesome resource for anything speculative fiction related.

also try this: http://www.geocities.com/whotookwebby/work.html <-- webdoggy's 4u work which is a critical response on modern spec fiction.\

glhf :)

scotty schaefer

In class we brianstormed scenes from LOTR for each of the issues and conventions. If anyone would like a copy let me know and I'll try and post it.

jellybeenz

HSC
scotty schaefer, I'd appreciate the notes! Due to my half yearly I've found my LOTR notes lacking in some areas, it would be great to get another perspective on things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)