speech (1 Viewer)

drsabz101

HSC
N/A
How long should an intro be? Does it have to be like an essay structured intro , or can u address the actual background of each 'poem' as you bring up ur main points.
For a 4 min speech, how many quotes for 3 paragraphs should be included in each ( there are 2 poems and 1 related text...)

What should I avoid in a speech.

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Intro should be fairly short..Just go straight into thesis and evaluation of your ideas in the intro. My teacher even told me that you don't even have to mention the texts as the marker knows that..so you can say more in your paragraphs.

In the body paragraphs..go straight in and remove the scruffy parts. Go straight into the point; Topic sentence, analysis and quote, evaluation and link back to the main idea.

drsabz101

HSC
N/A
i'm so used to writing essay intros which are a paragraph itself..

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
When we did speeches in Years 11/12 due to the syllabus requiring them, my teacher always told us to write it like an essay only shorter.

I agree with Rathin mostly, just ask your teacher whether they want you to introduce the texts and stuff and whether you can use engaging (but informal/emotional) language if you wanted to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)