Speeches anyone? (1 Viewer)

coolviv6

HSC
I did Havel, King and chucked in a bit for lincoln, overall think i went pretty good but how much did you guys answer the IN YOUR VIEW part because i didnt do too much of that :(. 5 and a bit pages overall which isnt to bad.

Dundasbro

HSC
Loved the question, had planned to do Lincoln and Socrates but did Lincoln and Havel instead. Think I did okay.

coolviv6

HSC
Out of curioisy for the people who also did Havel what rhetoric devices did you talk about and what ideas are conveyed.

AjMB

HSC
coolviv6 said:
I did Havel, King and chucked in a bit for lincoln, overall think i went pretty good but how much did you guys answer the IN YOUR VIEW part because i didnt do too much of that :(. 5 and a bit pages overall which isnt to bad.
I'm pretty sure the 'in your view' thing is implied by the fact you're writing the essay. The question is way, way too generic for a really personal response.

inter108

HSC
jcsmith said:
I thought my school was the only one who did speeches! Hooray!

We do it 'cause teachers at my school wrote the syllabus.

I talked about King - what's more memorable than that - and Emma Goldman's.

SO relieved they didn't ask for a specific one. It's rude to do that - only very few people could actually correctly answer the question.
Only?, out of the 64000 odd students?

LOL

J.a.d.e :-)

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
I Loved the question!! It was so open ended.

I'm so glad they didn't specify a speech but...seriously, if they tried to make me write about Cicero or Socrates, I was going to walk out of the exam..lol

Marinatos

HSC
I was a very, very easy question. I would almost have preferred them to make us write on one specific (as long as it wasn't Pearson....hate it!) as I had studied all twelve and didn't know which ones to chose! I ended up doing Cicero and Havel.
The rhetorical devices I talked about in Havel were metaphor (disease, machine, yolk, creature), sarcasm ("I assume you did not propose me for this office so that I, too, would lie to you) and emotive language (touched on conotations with this aswell). I can't remember what other ones I did, but I think I used 5 or so as well as talking about the values and ideas and the evidence for these.

Ezzz1990

HSC
I did two speeches, Havel's and Levertov's. I wrote 5 pages (almost reached a 6th page). But I write small anyway so it's alright (probably equivalent to a normal person's 7-8 pages).

I am James

HSC
The question was good but I had like 20 mins to write the essay at the end of the exam... Socrates, McAleese, Goldman.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)