Speeches (1 Viewer)

Shamz

HSC
N/A
Hi guys

i have this assesment on speeches and im doing Lincoln and pearson AND ITS hard but i need to do it does anyone have any suggestions of how i should link them, i have some techniques but im just lost.....plz HELP!!!

thanks

Ashie123

HSC
link them through themes explored and techniques used in conveying these themes. also context, consider the initial reading in their time in comparison to the response now

rachelm

HSC
N/A
I think the advice here is good. :)
Don't try to link the speeches too closely - they are quite different. Perhaps link them by CONTRAST.

However I have an idea which might work....
both speeches are about a country on the threshhold of something important and a recognition of great suffering.
Lincoln's speech is about nation building, it's representing a notion of unity through diversity. It's hopeful and simple.
Pearson's speech is longwinded, academic, antagonistic at times. It is condemning rather than providing an emotional way to move forward and rally support.

Then do the stuff that has to be there - context, values etc

Youliana

HSC
I'm gna be doomed.. n my trials are next week!!!

OK NOW.. HELP ME SOMEONE PLZZZ!:burn:
((YEAR 12 speeches for Advanced English))..I can do absolutely anything in English.. coz I love it soo much BUT BUT BUT.. I was never rly political type of person.. now im expected to write pages about Lincoln &... hheee? Keats.. Yea, I tink thats the one... !! :confused:

Someone direct me 2something!! Anyone got any ideas of what im suppose2be doin? Coz I sure dont..any sample essays.. structure.. points..more than the above...I mean it's all good.. but just ANYTHING more...SAVE ME PLZZZZ!! I'm gna be doomed.. n my trials are next week because the catholic education office likes to make us sit them early!!
chaoz..:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)