Speer Quote (1 Viewer)

candisnap

HSC
N/A
Hey,
This might be an obvious question but i was wondering where the actual phrase 'apolitical technocrat' comes from, is it from Speer himself? I know van der Vat refers to it in his book, but it's obviously not his quote.

Just something that came up, thanks in advance :)

wendus

krawr.
HSC
it just means he wasn't politically driven but more career driven and skills focused. like, he concentrated on his job, not on the political aspects involved in it, e.g. persecution of jews. hope that helps! :)

candisnap

HSC
N/A
wendus said:
it just means he wasn't politically driven but more career driven and skills focused. like, he concentrated on his job, not on the political aspects involved in it, e.g. persecution of jews. hope that helps! :)
oh, i know what it means, i was just wondering where it's quoted from because ive seen it come up a few times, but i dont know who coined it or whatever. Thanks anyway though

wendus

krawr.
HSC
Rebekkie said:
Did you know (ding!) that speer was once interviewed for playboy magazine!?!?!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL
LOL only an NSG would do that bek! i was tempted to write that in the exam but thought better of it. i was also thinking about a really good sort of phrase to use such as 'apolitical technocrat' but could not remember it!!! it annoyed me so much.

HaZ0153

HSC
Im wondering about this too, because i kinda confused it if it was Van Der Vat's or Joachim Fest's. Also, just wondering who came up with 'Good Nazi' quote.
Thanks

Kujah

HSC
N/A
van der Vat- he published "The Good Nazi- the Life and Lies of Speer" or something.

britt16

HSC
I think the apolitical technocrat was the image speer pushed at the nuremburg trials

rach19

HSC
You can use it as a paraphased quote, ie "Van der Vat refers to Speer as ....." Phrases like that are good to drop in essays as supporting evidence.

tigerian

HSC
N/A
Talking about Speer and Nuremburg they both are on TV on SBS on Sunday night 25th Jan from 730pm

Kujah

HSC
N/A
^Yup. The docudrama on Speer's pretty good.

rach19

HSC
Yeah im watching those atm too. The movie Nuremberg is good too. I'd watch Valkyrie too just for research, it counts as study for germany

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
ahaha.. from memory it was...

speer was not an apolitical technocrat, but was rather an eyes-averting, something something something =D

modern history ftw! miss this shit

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Or watch the the Downfall (Der Untergang), very good German film.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)