Spellbound (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I watched this excellent DVD tonight called Spellbound. It was a documentary about the National Spelling Bee in the US... it was really really interesting, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone who likes documentary films. It was great. Has anyone else seen it?

artfag

Banned
HSC
yeah, fantastic little film.

it's surprising how entertaining it is considering the subject matter.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yeah it is.... there is something strangely intriguing and engrossing about the weird geeky kids, the kids who have struggled, the strange pushy parents, and the whole obsession with spelling.... it's quite compelling to watch!

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
i only know of it from that one clip where the kid starts crying because he couldnt spell one word.lol

but is it a serious documentary of sorts or just a funny film?

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
This film was amazing, one of the best of 2002. Should have won the Oscar for Best Doco over Bowling For C.

Just really really great stuff. How about that Indian guy who was paying for thousands and thousands of people in India to pray for his son!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I know.... I felt sorry for the little girl Ashley and the one whose dad was Mexican, they were obviously so poor, imagine what the prize money would have done for their lives

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)