Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
It's James Ruse....I guess it makes them look good internally

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
james ruse rorts the systems through scaling and changing of internal marks thats y come first for last 10 yrs in the HSC.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by da_best
james ruse rorts the systems through scaling and changing of internal marks thats y come first for last 10 yrs in the HSC.

yeah, but I thought the BOS studies changes the assessment marks, so that its evened up with everyone else. Cause so schools over inflate their marks and others mark really hard. errrr, doesn't matter now, Im finished.

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jessika

yeah, but I thought the BOS studies changes the assessment marks, so that its evened up with everyone else. Cause so schools over inflate their marks and others mark really hard. errrr, doesn't matter now, Im finished.
i don't care either cause i'm finish as well
but i think james ruse has been cheating the system in a way that no school has beaten him
properly da BOS people are former james ruse students

spice girl

magic mirror
hahaha...nice try

you can't "rort" the system fidgeting with internal marks. Each school hands over to BOS the list of their students and their respective rankings in each subject, within the school.

You can't cheat with rankings. I'm sorry.

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
i'm sorry spice girl, but this is james ruse we are talking abt here....or theyr were talking abt ..either way...

james ruse can do wat it wants...it always does... so if james ruse wants tops then it gets tops... it def doesnt get it thru its students...

i mean can u see a westie high school getting tops in the hsc?? no, brains or not a westie school is a westie school...and james ruse is james ruse...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
but the technicality of spice girl's comment is correct
james ruse can give everyone 98, 99 or 100 for their assessment marks, but ultimately, the rank order they are placed in within their school is of importance, and how well they do as a group in the actual HSC exams...and through previous years, James Ruse has consistantly had the best performing group of students in the state

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
schools CAN NOT rort the system, because they are aligned ... its just that Ruse seems to do very well each year ...

but you can rort the system as an individual, because not everyone is doing their best during the year and trial, you can work very hard and get a better ranking, knowing that they will beat you in the real thing ... how i wish i had done that

jklm

for this james ruse thing. lets consider the fact that they only select the best academic students in the state - they are the top selective school in NSW and also the hardest to get into, thus because they have the majority of the brightest kids in our yr, and for the past 10yrs, it only stands to reason that they get the best marks in the state

plus where ur school is doesnt count nemore, that was in the old hsc where westies were pushed down for being in the west and city schools were brought up. they dont do that nemore

and u cant rort the system, it all cums down to ranking. if all there students marks were 98,99 and 100 then they wuld be pulled down considerably by BOS, as if they were doing really easy exams. plus, our school stands by the view that if individual schools dont scale there students, then it works against them. eg our hist x marks were only seperated by 1/2 marks and 1 marks each. if this was sent to BOS then we wuld have all been pulled down from the near ful marks we had to really crap scores.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)