Sport Trivia (1 Viewer)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
It might as well be worth a shot .. if it doesn't work out, then so be it.

OK, so basically this is my idea .. a thread about sport trivia! It can be about any sport, I guess.

The idea of this is that one person asks a question, and someone (or more than one person) will reply to it. The first correct person then gets to ask the next question.

For example:

Person 1: *Asks trivia question*
Person 2: *Gives answer*
Person 1: No, you are incorrect.
Person 3: *Gives answer*
Person 1: Yes, correct. Your turn.
Person 3: *Asks trivia question*
That's the general idea .. hopefully this gets off the ground and running!

I'll kick it off with a fairly simple question ..

Who was the leading try scorer in the NRL in 2005?

Random_87

HSC
N/A
I believe it was Matt Bowen but thats including the finals series, so I dont know if ill be right. Otherwise i think it was a few people including Slater, Best and Berrigan... But im probably wrong there, and if im right... Do I get a prize?

Last edited:

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Who were the top 3 drivers in the first ever Grand Prix World Championship and what make of cars did they drive?

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Random_87 said:
I believe it was Matt Bowen but thats including the finals series, so I dont know if ill be right. Otherwise i think it was a few people including Slater, Best and Berrigan... But im probably wrong there, and if im right... Do I get a prize?
LMF^^ said:
Matt Bowen

So what if two ppl answer correctly...?
Random and LMF,

This is what I wrote:

The idea of this is that one person asks a question, and someone (or more than one person) will reply to it. The first correct person then gets to ask the next question.

And yes, it was Matt Bowen (with 21 tries).

So theoretically, it should be Random's turn to ask a question. But Komit jumped queue and asked a question which shortygb answered .. I have no idea if shortygb is right or not, but if he happens to be right, then I guess he might as well be the next person to ask a question.

Now we just have to wait for someone to either verify that Greg is correct .. or Komit has to come on and say he is.

gordo said:
everyone will just google the answers, these things never work
That could well be a problem :(

I guess it's just relying on the goodwill of others.

It's sort of about trust, isn't it?

I wonder how trustworthy the people on BOS are ...

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Well, dont worry about me DRAGONZ. I actually knew the answer because I'd heard it from the (crappy) league commentators during finals footy. But I guessed that Berrigan, Slater and Best would of been leading at the end of the regular season... I think i might be wrong there. But damn you Komit! I was gonna ask a question... ahwell, ill have to try to get something right, again.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Haha, are you real, Brogan?!? If so, you're a freak.

Unless you're being sarcastic?

I mean, I fail to see the significance in that event, if England did in fact get 223, because of the final score in the series? That being 4-1 to Australia?

I personally don't think it's that, but I might be wrong.

I'm pretty sure that some Australian batter once made 223 in some important match .. but I wouldn't bank on it at all.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
I do know that Justin Langer got 223 in Sydney once. I was about 11 or 12 and I was listening to the walkman at Epping Post Office as he scored his double century.

And I know they were playing against India, because I went to watch the first day of that Test match .. to see Tendulkar was awesome .. but from memory, he only made about 20 runs.

However, I still fail to see the significance of Langer scoring 223 ? After all, he has since scored 250 at the MCG ..

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Bookie said:
It goes well on cricketweb and stuff. Just gotta make it really hard.

i.e. Why is the number 223 significant in Australian cricket?
Shit, you make it hard enough?

*pulls out Wisden almanac collection*

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
I was going to say the number of tests australia has won, but I think it should be more than 223.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)