Sri Lankan Tour (1 Viewer)

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
that being said

Man... Sri Lanka bat worse than my School cricket team!!!!!

haha
Warney is nearly at 500!!

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
he'll get to 500, and den break the world record held by c. ambrose of west indies...

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Originally posted by Seraph
Omg i cant beleive ppl are still arguing over this matter

Seriously it damages Australia's cricket reputation with constantly accusing people...

Well then according to you people if murali chucks
then shoaib akhtar and brett lee chuck as well ???? :rolleyes:
Yes, Shoaib Akhtar and Lee chuck as well actually, Murali's just the worst offender. If they sorted out Murali in the first place, Shoaib and Lee would've had to A. Fix up their actions, or B. Not played.

Anyway LOL@Sri Lanka Collapsing

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
omg... they r now all classified as chuckers, alrighty then...

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
Originally posted by how u doin?
1. They are clearly no balls. But like i said the fact that the icc have cleared him (which they shouldn't have) makes it hard for umpires to say no, your wrong. and to make matters worse, following murali's testing, the icc changed the rules on chucking to say something like the arm may bend 30 degrees (ill research that) So if your an umpire, its pretty hard to make a decsion on, to what degree the arm of the bollower has bent (on top of everything else umpires have to do)

2. The umpires should test him again. and then again and again and again. Basically, untill players have confidence in his action, and are sure they are competeing against someone who is not at an unfair advantage. He should be tested every year or 2, or something like that. And they should test him properly, and not only should the icc, and human movement experts be involved, there should be some sort of independent party and some sort of legal party involved. Because at the end of the day (if they do it properly) they will find the guy chucks, and they will have to ban him from playing, ending his career and cash flow.

But like i said, they will never do proper tests, and they will definetely never ban him, because a) they are gutless. b)they are scared c)they are gutless.
well u shud do sumthin about ure point no2 and get some support and rally to keep getting him tested...

Originally posted by copious
they wont do proper tests because it will show that his action is legit, again! how much of an ass would the icc look like if they go through all that trouble and come up with the same results, because they will. and whats the go with steve waugh saying murali is the bradman of bowling? looks like steve didnt have a problem with muralis action at all.
dats because steve waugh doesnt have bias about certain things BURNED on to his mind.... he can face that he is legit and get on with life...

murali's stats do make him the bradman of bowling, it doesn't take steve waugh to see that. Clearly the stats alone don't give a clear representation. Statistics alone say that german athletes at the Munich Olympics were the best in the world, they don't say they were at an unfair advantage. Wheter they took drugs deliberately, or not, or wheter Murali deliberately throws or not is irrelevant. The fact is they were, and Murali is, at an unfair advantage. When they do prove he chucks, they should wipe his stats from the record, its one thing to have his misleading stats compared to other great bowler like Shane Warne, its another thing to have his misleading statistics compared to the best player of all time.
i will say it again: he is legit...

Omg i cant beleive ppl are still arguing over this matter

Seriously it damages Australia's cricket reputation with constantly accusing people...

i reckon...

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
that being said

Man... Sri Lanka bat worse than my School cricket team!!!!!

haha
Warney is nearly at 500!!
i know its so sad...:(

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
LoL , its hilarious

ahh sorry .......... Zegoat

but still u gotta admit!!!!

Oi warney got to 500!!!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOO

how u doin?

HSC

No. Did I say "i think shoaib akhtar and brett lee chuck"?? I didnt say this because i dont think they chuck. You cant generalise and say because i think murali does i think the others do, they have completely different actions. If players dont have confidence in their actions, then they should be tested too, properly as well.

And u can ignore the people now who think Murali chucks, but in 10 years when the Murali clones come (and the will) you and the icc will cry, because the game will be ruined, simply because they didnt have the guts to apply the rules to one player!!

It should also be said, that if Murali was australian this would never have been an issue because he wouldnt have made it to state level - the rules would have been applied.

Pace Setter

As has been previously said on more than one occasion, unless ALL bowlers with a suspect action are somehow analysed and tested during a "real match situation," no-one can truly be proven innocent or guilty. The umpires dont have the guts to call him even if they wanted to because:
1. They cant tell whether his arm passes the 10 degrees, and
2. They face penalties (bans and severe fines) for calling no-ball to someone who's been "cleared".

On another note, congrats to Warnie and Punter for the win-just one more to pass part 1 of the final frontier

Pace Setter

Originally posted by copious
they wont do proper tests because it will show that his action is legit, again! how much of an ass would the icc look like if they go through all that trouble and come up with the same results, because they will. and whats the go with steve waugh saying murali is the bradman of bowling? looks like steve didnt have a problem with muralis action at all.
Are you saying the ICC should only do proper tests on players that they "definitely" know are breaking the laws of the game? Proper testing should be administered for controversial actions, regardless of what anyone thinks. If they prove that he truly doesnt chuck any deliveries in match conditions, then it would be much better than the controversies that would occur if he were found guilty.

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
No. Did I say "i think shoaib akhtar and brett lee chuck"?? I didnt say this because i dont think they chuck. You cant generalise and say because i think murali does i think the others do, they have completely different actions. If players dont have confidence in their actions, then they should be tested too, properly as well.

And u can ignore the people now who think Murali chucks, but in 10 years when the Murali clones come (and the will) you and the icc will cry, because the game will be ruined, simply because they didnt have the guts to apply the rules to one player!!

It should also be said, that if Murali was australian this would never have been an issue because he wouldnt have made it to state level - the rules would have been applied.
if murali chucks then lee and akhtar also chuck... u shud look at their bowling actions very carefully...

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
if thats the case, they might aswell all peg the ball (like in baseball) :)

Rahul

Dead Member
chucking means basically, then changing of the fore-arms location to teh upper arm. if it comes thru bend, it is fine. as long as the bowler maintains the angle at the elbow joint. it cannot be classified as chucking.

what i dont understand is that matty hayden was the motm..

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
m. hayden equaled world record for 7 catches in a test match thats why?... (so what?)
it should have gone to warne or 1 of the centurions...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)