Stalin-essay help!! (1 Viewer)

rocka_psycho

could anyone tell me some of the achievements of Stalin's regime from 1928-45....all i can think of is his forign policies and role in the great patriotic war...i cant see anything else as an 'achievement'..unless collectivisation and five year plans are it? but i thought they went wrong

fruitbonbon17

think of the big picture... how did he manage to turn a backward, poverty- stricken country into a world superpower in only a decade or so? 5yr plans played a role in this

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Achievements - don't load terms with your own biases! If you don't do that then it's always very easy to answer questions. Try and be objective.

It still basically asks "what did he do" in terms of say industrialising and modernising the country.

So:
- Industrialisation
- Collectivisation
- 5 year plans (and how did "Five in Four!" and other propaganda help?)
- Extensive use of labour/Mobilisation of resources
- Secret police (and other control aparatus to achieve these changes)
- Mobilisation of resources for WWII
- Foreign policy: USA, Ribbentrop-Molotov Pact, Russo-Japanese Anti-Aggression Pact
- The Great Patriotic War
- Strong, centralised leadership (necessary during the war or in huge building projects)
- Prestige projects e.g. various heavy industry and dams built as well as Turkish Railway

The Nick

McBain
HSC
Ziff said:
Achievements - don't load terms with your own biases! If you don't do that then it's always very easy to answer questions. Try and be objective.
I find it easier to anwer questions when I load it with personal bias. However, remember to always attribute bias to an obscure Russian historian that nobody else will use. I find Solzhenitsyn my favourite, as most people won't bother to try and spell his name :D

launcher169

Lord of Chaos
HSC
When you are looking at Stalin, and his effect on Russia you have to look at
all the schemes and ideas that Stalin introduced in the time period and the more
detail you can remember and even better use historiography in your answer youll
show yourself to be one of the better students.

If they ask you a question on any time period just think about what
was going on in Russia during that time then the answer will eventually come to u

GOOD LUCK for the Trials everyone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)