Stalin's Great Terror essay help (1 Viewer)

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
THe question is: Assess the importance of the role of terror in the development of Stalinism in the period 1917 - 1941.
I've done the draft and am curious to how others would structure it eg what the focus of the paragraphs should be.
Thanks to anyone in advance.

tess_gee

HSC
How can it be from 1917 and pertaining to the development of Stalinism? Stalin didn't come into power until later... unless you mean 1927?

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
Assess the importance of the role of terror in the development of Stalinism in the period 1917 - 1941.
well i argue Stalinism started to develop around 1922ish when Lenin was basically a ghost. Dont be fooled by the question, its asking about the development of Stalinism. i'd talk about the success of the Cheka in the civil war, Stalin's political cunning and his close ties with the head of the Cheka [whose name escapes me atm]. would also have to define stalinism. then how terror was used to sustain stalinism [perhaps you could argue it was part of stalinism], so purges, gulags, secret police, etc etc.

Leo Vanguard

Hur Dur
HSC
It was Felix Dzherzinsky (the Cheka head of the time), though it is arguable that Stalinism 'developed' then. It certainly started to form, as Stalin's influence began to quietly spread, but Stalinism itself begins around 1927, when Trotsky and Zinoviev are kicked out of the Party.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)