stand by me (1 Viewer)

pRiNCesS..!!

HSC
just wondeering wat texts people are planning on using for inner journeys essay...i think im going to use 'Stand by me'...

anyone have any suggestions about what sort of things i should know about in..because we obviously dont know the subject of the question..??

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
pRiNCesS..!! said:
just wondeering wat texts people are planning on using for inner journeys essay...i think im going to use 'Stand by me'...

anyone have any suggestions about what sort of things i should know about in..because we obviously dont know the subject of the question..??
the song by the pretenders i think??? or that old song that goes ohh darling darling stand by me ohhhh stand by me ohhh stand by stand by stand by me

also use cat stevens cats in the cradle

nwatts

HSC
I use "The Motorcycle Diaires" a film by Walter Salles.

Just think "what does this text have to say about the journey?". If you come up with a lot, then it's a good text to use! If you don't, try a new one.

HSC
N/A
Generic question will always be something like "how is the notion of journey conveyed in your text/s?"

^ Answer that one, learn to integrate your texts well, and you should be fine. :)

always777

HSC
hey i use the film stand by me as well. make sure you know a good link between it and your prescribed text. for example, i do 'my place' as prescribed and so a good link is the journey of self discovery, new understanding, or perhaps the journey of confronting the past and coming out stronger for it.
my advice: for any related text ur going to use and link with your prescribed text, take a piece of paper, and write two columns - one for each text. compare them - like compare who's journey it is, what kind of journey, what they were like at the start, what they're like at the end. eventually, the ideas should just flow and hopefully you'll come up with come great ideas of how to integrate the two.
btw my other related texts are 'the journey of the magi' by ts eliot, and also a poem by leunig called 'let it go'
good luck everyone

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
nwatts said:
I use "The Motorcycle Diaires" a film by Walter Salles.

Just think "what does this text have to say about the journey?". If you come up with a lot, then it's a good text to use! If you don't, try a new one.
ROFL that was in our school's TRIAL english adv. reading task.. the poster for the movie that is.

nwatts

HSC
seremify007 said:
ROFL that was in our school's TRIAL english adv. reading task.. the poster for the movie that is.
Ah, the whole film is very good.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
I don't do inner journeys, but Stand By Me is a great movie, just make sure you choose the exact techniques that contrast before/after the inner journey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)