Standard English Help (1 Viewer)

torismith2000

HSC
Heyy guys I've got Away by Michael gow as my prescribed text for English and I'm having a lot of trouble finding a related text (discovery) and would really love some help also if anyone has notes that relates I would really appreciate it xx

Last edited:

kainetalbot

HSC
The Book Thief by Marcus Zusack is a good text as it explores elements of discovery within person and also external discoveries... however if u r sensitive about topics of war and the holocaust i would not recommend it as it is about a girl who steals books from Nazi book burns to learn to read, also some people die during the book

torismith2000

HSC
Thank you for you suggestion xx but I think I'm going more towards short stories and films as I'm short on time, thanks again though.

gallen88

HSC
Hey torismith2000,

Here are a few different texts for different forms of media about Discovery (very short)

Films:
- The Butterfly Circus (can send notes)
- Paperman
- About Time (can send sample notes)

Short Stories:
- Only Ten (can send notes)
- A Small Good Thing, Raymond Archer.
- My Sister's Keeper (yes it's not a short story but I guess when you go into Anna becoming stronger and discovering she doesn't want to be a donor for the rest of her life, Jesse's emotional discovery that he feels isolated and neglected - when he is caught commiting arson, Jesse's father's confronting discovery of his son commiting crimes - he is a policeman).

Poems: Yes majority of these are advanced texts but check with your teacher. I was able to re-use Glass Jar for my first task and it scored me 14/15.
- Glass Jar
- Barn Owl
- Journey Into The Interior

Also ask your teacher whether you can do a newspaper article as a related (I'm pretty sure you can be just be safe), if you really want send me a direct message so I can send you some notes on a Cara Delevingne article about discovery (I had to do it for an assessment task). : )

All the best!
Gallen88

torismith2000

HSC
Heyy gallen88 thankyou for replying
I’m interested in the film ‘The Butterfly circus’
If I could get your notes I’d really appreciate it thanks again xx

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)