Star Wars! (SPOILER WARNING) (1 Viewer)

J

jhakka

I absolutely loved it. :D

Makes up for the sub-par standard of the previous two.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Star Wars III rocked. *SPOILERS* Alot more emotional than I thought; I was teary eyed as Obi cried out to the mutilated Anakin and his subsequent response was bone chilling and heart wrenching. Generally speaking a more eloquent screenplay by Lucas. The chorus music to Kenobi Vs. Vader was also pretty compelling.. along with the whole climactic scene in general near the end such as when Yoda battles Sidious on the rising Republic Parliament chairman's float. Also I should add that I thought the overall pacing of the entire film was pretty well done, to me it was fast-paced and never really dragged on at any particular stage of the 2 or so hours. Acting by Christensen seemed to be alot better than the previous two. The movie itself was also pretty sad, as Anakin was manipulated by Palpatine/Sidious to the Dark Side to save his wife.. which ironically caused him to kill her in the end, not to mention the trajedy of the downfall of the Jedi caste. SWIII was a great wrap-up of all the loose ends and issues with SWI and II, but it also puts a very clear and emotional relevance to IV-VI and explains a lot of things we took for granted. It makes every other SW movie better.
CGI was top-notch, and there was some impressive cinematography, especially some of the long CGI takes at the beginning in the orbital battle. Overall, the film seemed to have patched up the prequels to the originals pretty well in my opinion, and Lucas certainly has redeemed himself over the past 2 films with a clear winner. One of the best of the 6, imo. Can't wait to see it again and to buy it on DVD.

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
man this movie is takin forever to download the queues are soooo long!

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i can't believe i actually went a saw this movie... i enjoyed it all the same

hayden christenson *drools*

Collin

HSC
N/A
mrbassman said:
man this movie is takin forever to download the queues are soooo long!
.. then go see it at the big screen? :rolleyes:

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
I loved the movie

jim_green said:
* Lucas was too keen to explain every last insignificant detail in A New Hope. Some things, such as the first time Vader breathes through the mask could've been cut to make things a little less silly.
Nah I disagree. I thought that needed to be explained.

But I still felt sorry for anakin when he just had his torso and was being burnt alive, and he was screaming.

PwarYuex said:
Yeah. But a round of applause for Yoda smashing the two Red Imperial guards!
Haha, yeah that was great. Yoda's the best

Led-Zep said:
.so sad..even though anakin is my hero, tough prick that man killin those jedi younglings...
That was the saddest part of the movie for me.
To see all those boys hiding behind the chair, and running to anakin and saying "Master Skywalker! there's too many of them, what do we do?" and then anakin gets his lightsaber out.. that was sad

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
twas great, much better than the 1st two. yoda owned. i always had this impression that darth vader / anakin hunted down and killed all the jedis, but in the end he basically had the whole empire delivered to him... most of the jedis are dead already... lets see all hes ever killed is a bunch of 8 yr olds, some sand people and his wife. he got his arse kicked by the only jedi he faced, hmmm.....

great sfx, great soundtrack, just a few things, while the acting has improved, most notably anakin, its still pretty comical, and some of the dialogue are diabolical. i cracked up several times when anakin was talking to padme, and the "NOOOOooooo!"... but that can be easily ignored in the flow of the movie. ewen macgregor held the movie together i reckon

the only real disappointing thing is how quickly anakin turned to the darkside. one moment it was OMFG! WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!?!, next minute he was kneeling before the maniacally cackling sith lord going "yes. master." the he immediatelly goes off to butcher kids. could have done with a bit more persuasion in there

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Suney_J said:
That was the saddest part of the movie for me.
To see all those boys hiding behind the chair, and running to anakin and saying "Master Skywalker! there's too many of them, what do we do?" and then anakin gets his lightsaber out.. that was sad
omg i was going "nooo dont do it!!" and then he did it and i cried. im such a wuss.
also cried when the clones turned on the jedis, and when anakin strangled padme. wow i cried quite a bit. i blame pms.

Collin

HSC
N/A
scarybunny said:
omg i was going "nooo dont do it!!" and then he did it and i cried. im such a wuss.
also cried when the clones turned on the jedis, and when anakin strangled padme. wow i cried quite a bit. i blame pms.
LOL .

Collin

HSC
N/A
Yeh, that was the saddest part... plus it was essentially a major climax and turning point of the entire SW storyline, where the Jedi get massacred and the Empire rise to absolute power; it was probably the saddest when Vader gets burnt and he and Kenobi exchange some last heart wrenching words. I also thought the fight between the Jedi leader (epitome of goodness) and the Emperor (of evil) fight atop the rising Parliament podium was nice. Man, I can't wait to see this again.. what a great movie.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
JKDDragon said:
it was probably the saddest when Vader gets burnt and he and Kenobi exchange some last heart wrenching words.
yep. cried then, too.

HSC
Argonaut said:
Meh, it's sadder during the final fight when there's two men who love each other like brothers trying to kill each other.
My brothers and I try to kill each other constantly, but then again, we don't love each other

HSC
Anyway, did anyone else think it had a different, almost un-starwars like feel to it, it didn't have the same feel as 1 and 2, but it also lacked the retro stylings of 4-6. It was a much darker film, and it seemed to have an air of suspense and foreboding that lacks in all the others. It felt for the whole movie that it was leading to a spectacular climax, which fortunately it did

Generator

HSC
N/A
Constip8edSkunk said:
. i always had this impression that darth vader / anakin hunted down and killed all the jedis, but in the end he basically had the whole empire delivered to him... most of the jedis are dead already... lets see all hes ever killed is a bunch of 8 yr olds, some sand people and his wife. he got his arse kicked by the only jedi he faced, hmmm.....
He actually killed quite a few Jedi (as suggested by the security footage that Obi Wan later viewed).

Trippendicular said:
It felt for the whole movie that it was leading to a spectacular climax, which fortunately it did
Far too visually spectacular as far as I'm concerned. The same sense of feeling could have quite easily been achieved without all that cgi garbage. That's my own opinion, of course.

Last edited:

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
The Yoda/ Darth Sidious in parliment thing was kool- good fight scene, and there were a few laughs in the movie which i didn't find in the Episodes I and II - they were appaling compared to IV V and VI in my view ^_^;; =
Burning Anakin alive was horrible.. and the movie was alot darker than the others - but that was a good thing .
i found during the scene with Anakin/ Darth Sidious when he turned to the dark sides teachings... a little too sudden, mind you i dont think much of Haydens acting skills although it has improved quite a bit since Epsiode II which is a relief. The Padmae ending ... that was annoying - hmm.. i think they could have gone into that a bit more, then again... nah..
aww, and then Anakin killing the younglings...

Collin

HSC
N/A
I must be inherently evil or something.. but I didn't feel anything when Vader massacred those kids... :eek:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
JKDDragon said:
.. you crybaby. :p
a well-founded accusation.

hey has anyone watched the return of the jedi dvd lately?
the final scene where luke is partying with the ewoks n he sees the ghosts of obi wan, yoda n darth vader has been changed so hayden christensen is in it.
before it was some random man that was meant to be vader but i didnt recognise him because he wasnt wearing the mask.

*maybe im slow and everyone already knows about this* but YAY FOR HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN IN RETURN OF THE JEDI!! he's happy and smiling and just being generally gorgeous.

Generator

HSC
N/A
scarybunny said:
a well-founded accusation.

hey has anyone watched the return of the jedi dvd lately?
the final scene where luke is partying with the ewoks n he sees the ghosts of obi wan, yoda n darth vader has been changed so hayden christensen is in it.
before it was some random man that was meant to be vader but i didnt recognise him because he wasnt wearing the mask.

*maybe im slow and everyone already knows about this* but YAY FOR HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN IN RETURN OF THE JEDI!! he's happy and smiling and just being generally gorgeous.
You're happy that they ruined Jedi in such a fashion? It was easy enough to realise that the original apparition was Anakin given that he returned to the light at the last. To tell the truth, it is hard for me to accept that anyone could possibly wonder which person the ghost that stood beside Ben and Yoda represented, be they a fan or not.

Sorry.

Edit: As I said at first but later removed, the facial features of Vader unmasked and Anakin the apparition clearly matched, and that's to be expected given that it was the same actor in both scenes. Christensen's appearance did nothing bar appease those newer fans unwilling to try and think for a change.

As you may be able to tell, I'm a bit of a fan.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)