• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Stargate (1 Viewer)

Dwight

HSC
Oh no...i just enjoyed Counterstrike only to learn of the cancellation of SG-1. This really sucks...I read somewhere they were already working on the last episode of the tenth season...which would end in what? the merlin weapon that kills ascended beings? Seems a bit too convenient.

Not sure about my fav civilisation, but the most annoying would have to be the Genii. You would think they (and Weir) would have learnt their lesson(s) after backstabbing Atlantis for the gazillionth time

My bad...forgot they were real allies now. I liked the camaraderie between Sheppard and the wraith

Last edited:

PterodactylFace

HSC
The replacement for Jack is terrible. I can understand that they needed to progress but his replacement is so bad. He has no clue what he's doing half the time, e.g. in the episode Prototype from season 9 where he releases Kalek because he was pressing random buttons. Is he retarded? It's okay if he is but he shouldn't be part of the team. Not to mention his jokes are really bad. General Landry is pretty bad too.

I like the Ori, though. They've come up with a pretty good replacement for the Goa'uld. The inclusion of Vala for a bunch of episodes was good as well.

Oh, and SG-1>Atlantis.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Damn, No more sg-1 for 6 months (Resumes in the US in March '07)

Thankfully Canada will air the rest of Atlantis Season 3 starting in 4 weeks.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Urh how boring was the last Atlantis episode eh? I mean the plot of how ancients are going to retake Atlantis...not to mention the minor role of General O'Neil there.

But on the bright side, the ep 10 of SG-1's season was pretty interesting! Not the simple 'kill apophis' kind of plots. >< Can't believe how the Quest Part 2 won't be airing till next year!

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
MGM has given a green light for the show's creators to produce two direct-to-DVD movies based on SG-1. Executive producer Brad Wright let TV Guide in on the news this week.

"It's the climax of the Ori story line," Wright said of the first film. The movie will tie up the loose ends from the show's tenth season, which is expected to conclude its U.S. television run in June. The film will be written and directed by current SG-1 executive producer and show-runner Robert C. Cooper.

The SG-1 cast is not signed for the movies yet, but are said to be "very eager" to continue.

Wright will pen the second film, which will involve time travel.

The producers have previously expressed a desire to set up a third Stargate television series with a film -- but it isn't confirmed yet whether or not this second movie will do just that.

The studio is targetting a fall 2007 release for both projects -- just a few months after Stargate SG-1 ends its historic, 10-year run on cable television.
http://gateworld.net/news/2006/10/istargate_sg-1i_movies_coming_to.shtml

dandel26

HSC
MMMMMMMM i reckon the whole Ori think is pretty good in sg1, however sga seems a bit too repetative

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
dandel26 said:
MMMMMMMM i reckon the whole Ori think is pretty good in sg1, however sga seems a bit too repetative
Totally I mean seriously,
getting kicked out of atlantis by the ancients
has happened so many times in the past...

Generator

HSC
N/A
I love it how Seven manages its schedule - SG1 returns and the dvds are released two or three weeks later, and Atlantis returns two weeks before the dvds are released (I have the feeling that Seven had something to do with the dvd release of Atlantis Season 2 being pushed back to 29 November, but that may be nothing more than a cheap conspiracy theory).

Anyway, the Siege, Part III is being screened this week. It may be a little late for most, but at least it's better late than never for those who have been waiting for the show to return to our screens.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I've given up watching Sci-Fi on free-to-air Australian channels. They're all played after 10 and, dudes, I have to be in bed at 10:30 for my 8am classes (or at least I did). Besides, their programming is generally unreliable.

And for those who think SGA is repetitive - oh man, you are so wrong. Just wait for latter S3 :D

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
do we seriously have to wait till march for everything (sg1 AND atlantis) to resume?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Atlantis s03e11 will air in Canada in a few hours.

The new episodes will return in November 20 with the second half of the cliff hanger (The Return Part 2). Another hiatus will occur in December with the episode "Tao of Rodney" being the last episode airing on Dec.18. In January, the series will resume with "The Game" and that will air January 8 and then the series will then continue to the end of the season.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
http://gateworld.net/news/2006/12/studio_planning_on-going_isg-1i_.shtml

Studio planning on-going SG-1 movies, no Season Eleven

Stargate owner Metro Goldwyn Mayer is planning an on-going Stargate SG-1 movie franchise, a production source tells GateWorld. MGM and the show's Vancouver-based producers are no longer pursuing an eleventh season for the hit television series, which was cancelled by U.S. broadcaster SCI FI Channel in August.

The cast of Stargate SG-1 has now signed on for the first film, though an exact list of confirmed actors is not yet available. The film begins shooting April 15 in Vancouver, followed by a June 1 start date for the second movie, according to a new IGN interview with actor Michael Shanks ("Daniel Jackson").

Though perhaps a disappointment to fans rallying for an eleventh season at SaveStargateSG1.com, the news does offer a silver lining: should DVD sales justify the plans to make an on-going series of movies, the adventures of SG-1 will continue.
[...]

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
SG-1 and Atlantis are back!

Stargate Atlantis - s03e16 The Ark, 8/1/07, MOVIE CENTRAL (Canada), 8pm LT, (4pm Tuesday, AEDST)

Stargate Sg-1 - s10e11 The Quest Part II, 9/1/07, SKYONE (UK), 8PM LT (7am Wednesday, AEDST)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Time for a much needed bump.

Stargate SG-1 Season 10 - Airing on SkyOne (UK)

11. The Quest Part II
12. Line in the Sand
13. The Road Not Taken
14. The Shroud

Well for episodes have aired this half season so far and what episodes they were. Certainly the last two season of Stargate SG-1 have been the best with the whole new threat with the Ori.

:eek: Daniel a prior and then now not a prior but they did kill the Ori just not their followers but Adria will survive no doubt as she is a human hybrid Ori not a full ascended Ori.

I quite liked last weeks especially because of love time travel and alternate reality episodes and as we saw they can pretty much do anything they want, so I thought it was quite a good example of how the Stargate program on our Earth could of went.

Other then that <3ing season 10 and what will be the final season of Stargate SG-1. :( But at least we have the DVD movies and Stargate Atlantis so all is not lost.

[I put the above in spoiler tags just in case people reading aren’t up to the latest episodes.

Last edited:

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
Loved the Daniel as Merlin/Ori. Also loved the alternate Earth... Very similar to the episode with the Achen, who made all humans sterile... Shall be good to see the upcoming episodes now that the Supergate is open.

Once again, thanks for the bump!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)