started yr11... shud i use folders now or wat? (1 Viewer)

donnytuco

tuco
HSC
heys, i just started yr11 with these classes:

maths extension
eng extension
jap beginners
visual art
physics

and so im not sure wat wud b the best... uh... thing to write stuff in. i dunno if i shud stick to books. wich is pretty good but then again i never had to study or whatever, just copy down notes off the board, stick crap in, do homework wenever etc. but now startin yr11 i dunno if using sumtin different like folders or watever, since its more 'efficient'. probably is though, but i dunno how its supposed to work... yea. so can anyone help me out that'd be cool. stupid yr11 makin us work :(

Trev

stix
HSC
imo using folders r a bitch (like the ones u write in), i prefer to use books (speshly coz loose leaf paper gets pretty screwed up when its in my possession); i just take 1 display folder to school and put all loose sheets n shit in that, then (when i can b bothered + we've finished with the wrk) put it in the individual folders for subs at home....

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
It really all depends on how organised you are.
For Visual Arts and Extension English, chances are you're going to have a lot of sheets, I don't know about other subjects. But if you're a neat freak and like to have everything organised, then it's more efficient to use 1 big folder and a smaller folder for each subject (to file notes into at home).

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
i'd prefer to use a book, because i have a habit of misplacing things - best to just stick them in, or have everything together

sladehk

le random
HSC
folders allow you to keep your notes and scraps in compartments so you at least know where you put the stuff

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
i started using them lever arch folders in yr 10. i still use them now.
altho, i got a book for legal studies due to the teachers request.
but a few of my friends use books aswell as folders.

i think its personal preference.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
oh, i forgot to add: about folders, i reckon it's probably a good idea to put all your books/sheets/etc in there rather than carrying all that stuff around in your bag. so it takes the weight off your shoulders so you don't slouch and your shoulders don't ache due to the weight. important to have good posture. but then, that means you have to carry everything with your hands, so that sucks too. well, sheets are lighter, but i'd so lose everything

sladehk

le random
HSC
maybe i should pick that up. my posture is nearly a perfect C!

HSC
Well you can have loose sleves over a few folders, or you can buy books with holes in it and stick that in a folder, i recommend that

thats what I got currently, im really organised person so i do that normally, i just stick them in np and i have 3 folders, 2 subjects each folder, i group the most common 2 subjects i got on same day, and since i dont really use a book for IT, that means on wednesday i bring 1 book only :)

7minute

HSC
Lever arch files are the way to go! (I'm gonna do that for uni, too.) Except it sucks when they break.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
yeah i do the take a folder with everything currently in use to school. i guess this might not apply so much to maths/sciences but i do all literacy based subjects and i need more than one lever-arch folder to store my notes for them. i used two for advanced english last yr, one for extension english and atm the notes i've stored for the first modern topic take up abt a third of a folder. paper + notes + practise essays etc add up fairly quickly so i would tell you to buy some folders to store stuff in at home.

elisabeth

HSC
Lever arch folders

I get a lot of sheets, plus the fact that I scribble down random notes when the teacher talks and write them up neatly afterwards. With loose leaf paper, I can chuck the messy sheet out after I've done it neatly.

Also, when you're handing in assignments, loose leaf is easier than not having your book for days.

It also is easier if you type up hwk/notes - you just hole punch it and whack it in. I find lots of handouts and typed notes make your book too fat and annoying when you stick them all in.

I also have 7 small folders for each subject at home. Once a topic is finished, I'll put it there instead of lugging it around in my big folder every day.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
table for 1 said:
oh, i forgot to add: about folders, i reckon it's probably a good idea to put all your books/sheets/etc in there rather than carrying all that stuff around in your bag. so it takes the weight off your shoulders so you don't slouch and your shoulders don't ache due to the weight. important to have good posture. but then, that means you have to carry everything with your hands, so that sucks too. well, sheets are lighter, but i'd so lose everything
heheh
wat bout clipping it to ur belt or sumin .. or drag it along the floor ^^
then it'd get dirty .. heheh

newayz i've heard my teachers / principal going on about how organization gets u through yr 11/12 better
... my rooms a huge dump ><
mainly coz i've "inherited" my sisters notes from their hsc years
which , in ways, can be a pain in the ass ><

B35tY

HSC
lol... i personally agree but its a matter of personal preference...

you don't 'have to' use folders now, and if ur current organisation scheme is working that stick with it.

do u lose sheets and get low bookmarks because of it? if so, then give it a try.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i use a folder 2 put my books in plus i put lots of plastic sleeves in it n put my sheets and stuff in those, so they're easy 2 find. i always used to think the yr 11s n 12s looked stupid carrying folders everywhere, but now i realise what a life saver they can be. you dont even have to be organised to figure them out; they practically do it for you. so yeah, id recommend folders in a big way :) only i wouldnt write everything on loose leaf. how do ppl do that? like without losing track? and what if your teacher wants you to hand in a big section of work? books make that so so much easier. i actually think having loose leaf sheets 2 write on is way less organised than books are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)