• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Starting HSC work? (1 Viewer)

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Re: Have you started hsc work yet?

I really dont see the point in started any HSC work in these holidays, I'm prepared to take a break and start afresh next term. The last thing I want is burning out next term after working all year non-stop.

I'm getting all my textbooks and study guides set. Organsing everything and starting out new. I have a year to do HSC work, I dont need to do it in a 2 week holiday.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC

The main thing I want to get out of this holiday is to decide what subjects I want to do next term.
I'm very indecisive :S

ratcher0071

HSC

the-derivative said:
Yeah - it's important to clarify what you want to do next term. Spend the next two weeks seeing what will suit you best and what will be best for you.
It takes two weeks just to see what subjects you want to do?

o_O

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC

the-derivative said:
Well she said she was indecisive :p
They tend to lag a bit?
Lawl 'lag' :).

Well I've read a few pages of the first module of HSC Physics, received one sheet on maintaining a balance about the kidney, nephrons etc. that needs finishing. That's about it...

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

x.Exhaust.x said:
Lawl 'lag' :).

Well I've read a few pages of the first module of HSC Physics, received one sheet on maintaining a balance about the kidney, nephrons etc. that needs finishing. That's about it...
"Lawl rofl haha lag"

Enough of stupid jargon - HSC Physics - is it interesting? Isn't the first topic Space? Is it like the prelim topic?

rochelleee

HSC

that's so not legal. lol.
well i dnt know abt any of you but my school (being private i.e. more holidays) isnt allowed to start HSC work till 2 weeks after term 4 begins this year cos we havent done the set no. of hours set by the board.
even though we've finished the entire prelim course.

anyone else like this?

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC

see it depends of the school, and it has to be done as a year cohort. And it also relates to how long your school lessons are see we met our hours easily thats why we only have 24 periods (except for extension students) a week each period is 56minutes each.

And as i said earlier i have contacted the bos and they said it is legal but there are certain conditions that need to be meet.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

We've finished the 2U Course for Maths. :p And we have to read our first HSC text during the holidays.

Sefton has already started HSC Physics and Chemistry from the last few days of school.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

rochelleee said:
that's so not legal. lol.
well i dnt know abt any of you but my school (being private i.e. more holidays) isnt allowed to start HSC work till 2 weeks after term 4 begins this year cos we havent done the set no. of hours set by the board.
even though we've finished the entire prelim course.

anyone else like this?
LOL - for business studies, my school integrated Year 12 work into the prelim course, so we've been given an unofficial head start for the HSC. But yeah - I also don't think you need to have set hours - as I've mentioned before, my maths class finished the prelim course in 3 weeks - that I'm pretty sure does not equate to 100 hours.

shayla

HSC

My school does not start any of the work til next term but i am watching my first english module (film) and also lightly rereading over my notes from Modern WW1 from last yr.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

shayla said:
My school does not start any of the work til next term but i am watching my first english module (film) and also lightly rereading over my notes from Modern WW1 from last yr.
Is that because you have to (i.e. teacher forced you) or is it because you chose to - to get a headstart?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

I looked over the W=mg section in the Space module in Physics.

shayla

HSC

the-derivative said:
Is that because you have to (i.e. teacher forced you) or is it because you chose to - to get a headstart?
Im not very good at Modern as it is- though i enjoy studying it- so i am going to reread over my notes because it takes me awhile to understand terms etc and what they main point of the paragraph maybe etc.

English well, again my choice.

My tutor wanted me to do both of the above, but i chose to do study them over the holidays, even before he told me that he wanted me to watch my english text that i am going to study next term for english.

Aplus

HSC
N/A

Aerath said:
We've finished the 2U Course for Maths. :p And we have to read our first HSC text during the holidays.

Sefton has already started HSC Physics and Chemistry from the last few days of school.
Is that not against BOS policy?

Baggygreen408

HSC

the-derivative said:
"Lawl rofl haha lag"

Enough of stupid jargon - HSC Physics - is it interesting? Isn't the first topic Space? Is it like the prelim topic?
first topilooks moreso at the various components of space and space ravel, in particualrly lookig at projectile motion, etc, Einsteins theorie of rlativity and subsequent maths equations...and other stuff as well...

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Yeah, most schools start year 12 HSC work as soon as they finish the prelim. exams. The last week or two of year 11 just serves as a lead up period to the HSC in term four. It wasn't taken that seriously when I did it. The teachers just use that time to prepare students for the next term. I graduated Thursday :D

Ps. HI AUSBLUESWOMAN!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)