Starting TAFE....A few newbie questions (1 Viewer)

Mary1

HSC
Heyy,

I am due to start tafe on the 20th July, however I have a few newbie questions about it. First of all, when do you get your computer login ? Second of all, did anybody enrol at Baulkham hills TAFE, and get told that the tafe cards werent set up, so its going to be done during you first class? Thirdly, what is tafe like? I've only recently left high school, so how is it different from high school? In regards, to how you interact etc, such as in high school you have to put your hand up to ask a question :p Do you have to do that at TAFE? Thanks.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Hi there,

when do you get your computer login ?
You will receive your login details during the first week. If you are enrolled at this time, you can simply present to the library and request your login details - they'll set it up for you.

did anybody enrol at Baulkham hills TAFE, and get told that the tafe cards werent set up, so its going to be done during you first class?
If the system isn't set-up it isn't set-up. However, when it is operational, if you have your enrollment form and have paid the enrollment fees, go to the administration and have your photo taken then you'll get your TAFENSW card.

what is tafe like? I've only recently left high school, so how is it different from high school? In regards, to how you interact etc, such as in high school you have to put your hand up to ask a question :p Do you have to do that at TAFE? Thanks.
I believe TAFE will be one of the best education experiences you will have. You will have easy-going teachers who appreciate the opportunity to assist you in anyway possible. Depending on the course, everyone is mature minded and easy to get on with. In addition, resources are plentiful and there should be a cafeteria which sells the most delicious banana thick shake - ask her to put some ice-cream into it (extra 50c) and during the break sit down and watch the mid-day movie while drinking it, sigh* how I miss TAFE.

Be advised though that you're responsible for much of yourself at TAFE. It's not like school where you will have Mrs Joke looking for you and last weeks homework - doesn't work like that at TAFE. If you don't hand in work or don't participate in module requirements, it's an F at the end of the course.

I wish you well in your studies.

- Bacilli

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)