Starting your major work before year 12 (1 Viewer)

indacribs

HSC
Are you allowed to start writing your major work before year 12?
Is this unethical?

LifeBoats

Wizard.
HSC
Go ahead. But I assure you, it will do very little to help you apart from the sake of research. As you progress through, particularly year 11 English, your ideas and perceptive of literature will change. The time spent on the major work will be better spent honing your English skills before you start the major work without any guidance from teachers. Ensuring you have a really solid idea even if it take you a considerably longer time is more of a priority than rushing into it and having to change your concept several times.

pattiez95

HSC
its always good to get a head start, organise your ideas and such

and it definitely isnt unethical just shows your keen :D

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It is a BOS rule that you can't start any HSC course before the start of Term 4.

madharris

HSC
N/A
As others have said, I think that you should write down your ideas somewhere.
If you feel you have to research that idea then do that to.
But I don't think you should start yet.

Chrasity

HSC
I had my basic idea for Ext 2 English in Year 9, but over the course of Year 11 and 12, I managed to develop that basic idea into something complex and sophisticated.
Just have a general idea of what you're going to do as well as the form that you'd want to pursue.

eja2000

HSC
Hmmm...My advice would be to figure out what your major work will focus on, and the concepts (philosophical underpinnings) of it. You'll be surprised at how much research that'll take to get it off the ground and going. The way I see it, the more prepared you are, the better. It'll certainly put you ahead of some people.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
fuck tha police

do it, start now, get your ideas flowing

i beleeb in you

Charlotte00

HSC
I had my basic idea for Ext 2 English in Year 9, but over the course of Year 11 and 12, I managed to develop that basic idea into something complex and sophisticated.
Just have a general idea of what you're going to do as well as the form that you'd want to pursue.
That is most impressive!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)