STAT (Discussion & Results) (1 Viewer)

gcmk

HSC
Is anyone doing the 2008 Mid-Year STAT in may?

VuongstER_boi

HSC
Re: Stat

ohh wen is it ? because I may be doing it. I mean, I have the application form ready but like I haven't filled it..hm better do it sooon. THe reason I'm doing is because I can't afford to let the option pharmacy go because I might actually want to do pharmacy(even though i prolly wont want to) . Anyways so, yes, I guess I'll be doing it. Are there any past test on bos or whereever?

HSC

don't they have them at the end of the year too? like last year they were also held in like... november. or around that time.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC

You can do it at the beginning of Dec. I think we can have more time to practice. UMAT is coming up... So scary...

danz90

HSC

Yeah, I'm doing it.. Saturday 31st May @ Surry Hills (Sydney Boys High). That's the mid-year session.

I think registrations close by 19th May, and they send you sample collection of questions along with the confirmation letter.

VuongstER_boi

HSC

Ohh, so you can do it twice? So it's not like ur options are gone if you dont do it in May?Hence, we can wait towards the end of the year?.. :rolleyes:

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC

You can only sit STAT Mutiple Choice once every 6 months...

danz90

HSC

Trebla said:
You can only sit STAT Mutiple Choice once every 6 months...
Yeah, that's why I'm doing it now.. and just in case I don't get a good result, then I can do it again in November.

misbahf

You eat bugs.
HSC

What is STAT?

I think i may have to sit it but i'm not sure.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC

I'm kinda sure I wana do Pharmacy, but I'm sooo unconfident that I couldn't even come close to doing well in the STAT. =[

SwampHen

HSC

Hi
I got my form today for the mid-year stat but I'm not sure if i will be able to get it in on time. I was planning to pay and mail it off tomorrow, but I'm really worried. If i do pay tomorrow, but the form doesn't get in on time, will i lose my money?

I really really REALLY want to do pharmacy, but need to have sat the STAT by December 2008. If i dont make it for the Mid-Year one, is the next one before December??

danz90

HSC

SwampHen said:
Hi
I got my form today for the mid-year stat but I'm not sure if i will be able to get it in on time. I was planning to pay and mail it off tomorrow, but I'm really worried. If i do pay tomorrow, but the form doesn't get in on time, will i lose my money?

I really really REALLY want to do pharmacy, but need to have sat the STAT by December 2008. If i dont make it for the Mid-Year one, is the next one before December??
I'm planning to do Pharmacy too. :)

From what I remember the deadline for registrations for the Mid-Year stat is 19th May. Even if you pay tomorrow, and send the form out tomorrow, its surely going to arrive at the UAC before 19th. So there's really nothing to worry about..

I'm doing it now in May to get it out of the way, and just in case I don't get a satisfactory result, I can do it again on November 31st.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC

Haven't checked the link but if it's the one I knew before, you can choose one date to do your test. Simple.

danz90

HSC

I'm doing the STAT at Sydney Boys High... but there are a couple of other places around Sydney, plus a few more testing centres around the state.

The session timetable in the link above is old, I kept checking that one too, and noticed it wasn't getting updated.

misbahf

You eat bugs.
HSC

danz90 said:
I'm doing the STAT at Sydney Boys High... but there are a couple of other places around Sydney, plus a few more testing centres around the state.

The session timetable in the link above is old, I kept checking that one too, and noticed it wasn't getting updated.
Yeah, i was getting confused. I want to sit it at Syd boys also.

misbahf

You eat bugs.
HSC

Registrations have closed now by the way.

I called up and they said money and registration forms have to be in by Monday 19th and by the time they send them out it'll be too late.

You can go to the actual centre to register though before then.

You just can register by mail.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC

My friend tells me since he chooses Syd, Sydney Boys is where they hold the test. I'm not sure about the dates but I guess they will be similar.

danz90

HSC

Undermyskin said:
My friend tells me since he chooses Syd, Sydney Boys is where they hold the test. I'm not sure about the dates but I guess they will be similar.
For the mid-year session, all tests are held at exactly the same time and on the same day, since its the same paper. That is, Saturday 31st May.

Here, I scanned the mid-year session timetable from the pamphlet UAC sent me:

Has anyone started preparing for the STAT?
I haven't started any actual preparation as yet.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)