• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

STAT marks needed for pharmacy? (2 Viewers)

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
lala2 said:
Aha, I'm not sure if I'm the best person to ask because I'm still doing the degree for my interest in the relevant subjects (biology, chemistry, biochemistry) but wanted a degree that would be useful to me upon graduation if I did decide to utilise that degree in my future career (hence pharmacy > medical science). But I will try my best:
Thank You for your insight into what the degree is like.

And your sentiment of using pharmacy as a means to be able to do your interested subjects while still having a useful degree is exactly what I'm thinking. If only there was Physics involved in pharmacy then I would be absolutely sold to doing pharmacy but so the notion of doing biology anh chemistry has really piqued my interests. :)

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Whoa lala2 , thanks for that !
I've been considering Pharmacy too. I'm not doing too well in Chemistry at the moment (but then I'm assuming its due ot my unstable Chem class - changing teachers and all) but I think I should be able to focus on it as soon as we get back to school.
Hey that bit about visiting a Pharmacy & talking to people with a chronic illness sounds heaps interesting. Blast, statistics, argh ! ><"
But all in all, this course sounds really really good.

lala2

Banned
HSC
That's ok--yes, chemistry was not one of my better subjects but at least I'm learning chemical concepts rather than rote-learning, which is what really irked me about the HSC. Yes, visiting a community pharmacy and interview is all very interesting, but many people complained because it requires a lot of essay writing and English is not many people's forte in pharmacy. So it is interesting but requires a lot of work, and either crapping on or massive cutting down (me, the latter).

Statistics--yep, blargh. At least after first semester you'll never have to see it again (it's just one of those compulsory and crappy first year subjects they make you do, and is the same for every science and engineering degree out there as well).

We're starting with pharmacology, microbiology and probably some other bio-chemistry related stuff (as opposed to pure chemistry) next semester, so I can tell you guys how that goes too. But definitely looking forward to it! (I memorise and understand easier if I make links between biology and chemistry, so this should be much easier and hopefully more enjoyable too!)

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
lala2 said:
That's ok--yes, chemistry was not one of my better subjects but at least I'm learning chemical concepts rather than rote-learning, which is what really irked me about the HSC. Yes, visiting a community pharmacy and interview is all very interesting, but many people complained because it requires a lot of essay writing and English is not many people's forte in pharmacy. So it is interesting but requires a lot of work, and either crapping on or massive cutting down (me, the latter).

Statistics--yep, blargh. At least after first semester you'll never have to see it again (it's just one of those compulsory and crappy first year subjects they make you do, and is the same for every science and engineering degree out there as well).

We're starting with pharmacology, microbiology and probably some other bio-chemistry related stuff (as opposed to pure chemistry) next semester, so I can tell you guys how that goes too. But definitely looking forward to it! (I memorise and understand easier if I make links between biology and chemistry, so this should be much easier and hopefully more enjoyable too!)
Haha , well I can't wait now :p
Hopefully the UAI for USYD doesnt shoot up to 98 or something this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)