stat results (1 Viewer)

Pointy Ears

HSC
Huratio- the stats is a test u take if u wanna go into courses such as pharmacy, which require it as an extra criteria for getting into the course. Apparently, it can be used in most unis to get into course as well, but i dont really know much about them.

holla back girl- HOW DID U GO!?!?!???!
I'm going to do one soon, and i was wondering if u had any tips or comments about it hat might be useful???!

tennille

HSC
Basically, the STAT consists of quantitative (maths) and english questions. I'm not sure if it's just multiple choice, or whether it include essays or anything as well.

I did the STAT combined with the RET test last year. The RET part was like an alternative entry scheme to get into UWS. If I got 10 points below the cut-off for a course there, and my RET score was equal to or greater than the cut-off for the course I'm interested in at UWS, then I can still get in.

If you apply for the STAT, you get a sample version of it, and it's pretty similar to that. You can't really study for it.

SDuke

HSC
There are two STAT tests. One is MC and the other a writing task.

Some UNIs require one of these tests and others require both, this depends on what course and UNI you are applying for.

I got my results today, and it's pretty crap - i will probably do the test again.

holla back girl how did u go?

HSC
N/A
The stat was pretty easy i guess. It's basically general ability. you are given some stimulus, usually graphs, data, cartoons etc, you are then asked some questions which requires you to make an analysis/conclusion about the stimulus. There are 70 questions and the score that you receive ranges from 100-200 (this is based on ranking, not your raw score)
i guess i did alright, i passed the 149 score that you need to get into pharmacy.

Pointy Ears

HSC
Wow. Congrats holla_back_girl, thats the mark im aiiming for.

SDuke

HSC
Holla Back Girl i take it that u're aiming for pharmacy at USYD.

The mark of 149 was last yrs cutoff wasnt?

I'm hoping that it stays around that region this yr.

SDuke

HSC
The test was pretty easy; interpreting datas and comprehension questions.
Many ppl who i have spoken to thought it was easy also, and my mark is lower then i expected. I'm just scared the cut off for pharmacy in USYD this yr is significantly higher than last yr.

HSC
N/A
lowest starting salary

a good friend of mine told me that pharmacy has the lowest starting salary compared to other jobs, its around $29,000. so i am probably going to rethink about pharmacy because that is very low.

tennille

HSC
holla back girl said:
a good friend of mine told me that pharmacy has the lowest starting salary compared to other jobs, its around $29,000. so i am probably going to rethink about pharmacy because that is very low.
You can't always earn $100,000 just like that :p

It'll take time, of course. Do something you enjoy. Don't do it for the sake of the money. If you enjoy a particular job, then the chances are you're good at it, and then you can work your way up. :)

SDuke

HSC
It's hard making money in pharmacy, you have to be connected in the industry to do well, this is what a pharamist told me.

I agree wit ya Tennille, i cant see myself ever doing a job i find boring and hate.

And gudluck to u too Pointy Ears.

Pointy Ears

HSC
Its true that you dont make so much when you get out, but its better than say, doing medicine cos my brothers are paid pretty shittily in the hopsitals despite all their yrs of hard work. I guess doing courses like these dont always guarantee good money, but then my sisters was making $120 000 a year at about her 3rd year out, so basically shes the highest income owner on my family.

HSC
N/A
Tennille, i agree that its good to be in a job that you enjoy. But, a job is a job and i have many jobs that i wouldn't mind., so the only thing seperating them is the pay.

tennille

HSC
I know what you mean. :)

People often make the mistake of thinking high UAI courses will gaurantee you a high payed job. It's only because of demand their like that. Science related courses are probably in the highest demand compared to other courses, and that's evident with the UAI cut-offs. I think shows like CSI and all that has increased the demand over the past few years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)