STAT test for pharmacy (1 Viewer)

findsome1

HSC
Hey :)

I was wondering if anyone had any STAT past papers or practice tests apart from the ones on the ACER website because I need some practice before I do the test.

Thanks

gapathetic

HSC
the test is really easy and straightforward. basically just comprehension stuff + some maths. But do it quickly or u might run out of time.

anairda

HSC
Wow you are doing the exact same subjects as me (bar studies of religion 1).

The test is relatively easy, as far as I know the only practice papers available are the ones on the ACER website. they should be more than enough practice. As long as you get a score above 150 you should be fine.

The admissions at Usyd for pharmacy work in such away: first all applicants with the high enough Stat test result are chosen, all other applicants are then disregarded. It is then from these applicants that the students with the hightest Atars get an offer. This means having a high or low STAT test resultdoesn't not affect your ability to do pharmacy as long as it is above 150, from then on it is all based on atar. This years atar cut off was 91.05. seeing as you are aiming for at atar above 96, I think you will be fine, Goodluck!!

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
studying the stat test does not ensure you of a higher mark. it is a common english comprehension and maths questions and fairly basic. i did not do one single second of study, didn't even think about it until the day and got in the 99th percentile.

JustAnotherOne

HSC
STAT is basically a glorified IQ test. There's no real need to prepare for it, nor do past papers offer you much advantage. The practice questions available on the ACER website give you a pretty good indicator as to what you'll be up against on the day.

I think there are some courses out there that offer preparation courses for the STAT, however, they are seriously a waste of money. As long as you aren't a total moron, passing it should be no issue.

I'm not entirely sure why Pharmacy uses it to be honest. From what I can tell, it's basically a way to ensure that prospective applicants are really keen on actually doing Pharmacy (to the extent that they'll book, pay for, and sit another test), as opposed to just putting it on the application and seeing if their ATAR is good enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)